Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my exhaust should be here either tomorrow or saturday, and I am going riding on sunday. My pc3 hasnt even shipped yet. Is it a bad idea to install the exhaust and ride this weekend without the pc3? should I just wait? man that will be hard to do, since I probably wont be riding again until the end of october, and I really want to put that exhaust on. grrr

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was told to NOT run the full exhaust with out the EFI it will run HORRIBLE if you do, When I had my full exhaust first on I didnt have the efi set correctly and it ran bad, If you want to have fun when you ride and not have ur quad back firing or stalling? just ride it as is till you can install it all correctly

·
Registered
755 Posts
Agree ^^^^^^ my full barkers exhaust came in before the controller and I turned it on just to hear what it sounded like and even idling it was all messed up and didn't rev right.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I figured I should wait. I hear all the time that the xx runs lean stock, so it must run real lean with the exhaust =(

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
my xx is stock and i dont need more power but it still be cool to have some more..... plus in the winter it spend all its time on wot to keep it floatin on 2.5ft of snow

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any exhaust at all is for sissies...I like to run it wide open to let the engine breathe properly!
Lol then u have no back pressure and lose a ton of power.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use my bare hands to create the proper back pressure. This way I can tailor the performance real time as I ride.
HAHA K that would be pretty bad ass!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
So my exhaust should be here either tomorrow or saturday, and I am going riding on sunday. My pc3 hasnt even shipped yet. Is it a bad idea to install the exhaust and ride this weekend without the pc3? should I just wait? man that will be hard to do, since I probably wont be riding again until the end of october, and I really want to put that exhaust on. grrr
Full system or slip on? I would wait either way. The full system would make it dangerously lean.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah my XX stalled out with just fmf slip-on. I have a similar question, Srry for sorta hijacking thread Britalican, I have a powerbomb and uni filter on the way and want to know the benefit of PC3 over FMF EFI? I haven't seen a map of FMF Full + UNI.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah my XX stalled out with just fmf slip-on. I have a similar question, Srry for sorta hijacking thread Britalican, I have a powerbomb and uni filter on the way and want to know the benefit of PC3 over FMF EFI? I haven't seen a map of FMF Full + UNI.
From What I have been told the PC3 gives you way more control as to what adjustments you want to make, so it can be more finely tuned. plus u can download pre made maps from the net, but I have found almost none for the 700xx =(

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
power commander got here today, thanks tobefast.com for the free upgrade in shipping! awesome!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Kool. That was my idea of how it worked and makes sense of having more control. Sounds more appealing over just and EFI but I couldn't find any maps on my setup. Let me know how yours works for you.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Chubby, they don't have that set up on the powercommander website, but I have full FMF w/ Uni and everything, and if you or anyone else needs a map for it, I sitll have mine from before I did my big bore kit. Just let me know and give me your email addy, and I can send it to you.

AV8R, I'd love to see your hand afterwards. One of my buddies dad's brothers was at one of our makeshift harescrambles and was picking up logs on fire and holding on for a few seconds trying to scare kids away, turns out he has no nerves in his hands so he couldn't feel the heat, but it still blistered up haha.

·
Registered
157 Posts
crwh45, I ended up buying a FMF EFi of ebay for $145 shipped and I couldn't pass up that deal. Thanks anyways. I don't plan on doing anything else besides the BIG 3 for now. Keep us updated on your big bore kit project.

·
Registered
217 Posts
pah!

Exhaust is for sissies....
any exhaust at all is for sissies...I like to run it wide open to let the engine breathe properly!
I use my bare hands to create the proper back pressure. This way I can tailor the performance real time as I ride.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::yay::yay::yay::rock::rock:SARCASM FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts