Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I finally got my new Elka shocks on and am looking to lower her a bit. Can anyone on here tell me where is the best place to measure the front and rear?

I have looked around the forums and found stuff on the the height itself, but not where to measure. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I measure my ride height at the footpegs and then just in front of the front motor mounts on all my quads.

Doug

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the XX , I measure the frame rail at the lower rear of the front a-arm and the front of the lower rear a-arm.
Great! Have you adjusted yours from stock height?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Great! Have you adjusted yours from stock height?
With differant shocks , I will be able to run from 12" for XC down to 5" for dirt ovals.
When racing XC if the track is wet or very rough and may become rutted ,I run somewhere about 10"-12" frame clearance. If it is a dry fast smooth track then maybe 8"-10" frame clearance.
When setting frame/ride height , I would setup the rear first then setup the front to match it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With differant shocks , I will be able to run from 12" for XC down to 5" for dirt ovals.
When racing XC if the track is wet or very rough and may become rutted ,I run somewhere about 10"-12" frame clearance. If it is a dry fast smooth track then maybe 8"-10" frame clearance.
When setting frame/ride height , I would setup the rear first then setup the front to match it.
Yeah, it looks like 9" is the sweet spot. If you don't mind me asking, what shocks are you running? Also, do you happen to remember what your stock height was? For comparison just so I can be sure that I am measuring in the correct spots

·
Registered
755 Posts
I run about 9" at the pegs and 9 1/4" where the frame starts to curve up with me sitting on it. I ride xc style btw.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I run about 9" at the pegs and 9 1/4" where the frame starts to curve up with me sitting on it. I ride xc style btw.
I ride xc style as well. This may be a dumb question, but you measure from the underside if the footpeg to the ground right? And when you say "where the frame curves up" is that where the rear bar of the lower front a-arm meets the frame? Sorry to be a pain in the azz, but I have always been a more visual person.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I ride xc style as well. This may be a dumb question, but you measure from the underside if the footpeg to the ground right? And when you say "where the frame curves up" is that where the rear bar of the lower front a-arm meets the frame? Sorry to be a pain in the azz, but I have always been a more visual person.
Yea just in front of the foot peg and measure from a flat surface of ground to the bottom of the frame. And for the front measuring point it is not were the a arm meets the frame. Where you measured the rear just follow the frame towards the front and you will notice it suddenly curves up. You should measure just before it starts to curve up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts