Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will be purchasing a set of the A-arms!

Trailinme... You looking to sell your elkas/fox rear shocks?

Sonic... Do you know if the new a-arms are will be lighter than stock? I'm not really worried about it but was jus wondering. Is there any other alloy the axle could be made of that would shed weight?
i only have stock rear shocks ... fox doesn't have any that will fit the rear and im not interested in coil-over designs... which is why im getting some custom axis rear airs.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
O, I thought you had some aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will be purchasing a set of the A-arms!

Trailinme... You looking to sell your elkas/fox rear shocks?

Sonic... Do you know if the new a-arms are will be lighter than stock? I'm not really worried about it but was jus wondering. Is there any other alloy the axle could be made of that would shed weight?
We expect the axles to arrive the end of the week. I will be working to finish the first set and post some pictures by the end of the week.

I believe our upper a-arms are slightly lighter and I think the lowers are as well. I will check before I do the assembly but it will be close. The largest weight savings you will get in your suspension will be in the Shocks. The stock shocks are pretty heavy.

We could make the axles a little lighter if we used 300M material and if they were gun drilled but the cost would go up significantly and the savings wouldn't be dramatic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I forgot to add,

I am going to be making some how to youtube videos and post then in the XX garage and on our website. That should help with assembly of our products. Their are a few tricks to completing the rear assembly. Also, the front anti roll bar could use some explanation.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I forgot to add,

I am going to be making some how to youtube videos and post then in the XX garage and on our website. That should help with assembly of our products. Their are a few tricks to completing the rear assembly. Also, the front anti roll bar could use some explanation.
Sounds good. I'm almost ready for the front end setup...Dave

·
Registered
221 Posts
ive been busy bartering with a kawasaki dealer for a 250hp jetski lol.. gonna have another toy soon... so rain sleet or shine ill have something to ride!

superbowl tomorrow...so i wont put the stuff on then ..im guessing monday... if the weather holds up.

i tried to call a few times andrew ... ill call again on monday.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We have had some good rain in the past few days, so I am going out in a few hours for a whole day of testing and tuning. Gonna be a good time with a high in the 60's.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
5 hours on the 700 today, mostly in the sand pit and on trails. What a great improvement with the anti-roll and the Razr tires. Donuts, no problem.
Berms, no problem.
Flat track oval, no problem.

I can actually say today was the most fun I have had since i bought this quad. I let 3 others ride it and they all had good things to say about the handling. One of my friends has been there since I bought the 700 and has ridden it after each change i have made. Good source of unbiased feedback.

Awesome product from Sonic, for sure.
Cant wait for the front set-up now.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts