Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

So, which do you like better?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at this members muddy picture and wondered which kind of riding that I would prefer out of the two.

Here's the pic:

I'd have to say that hands down I would prefer mud so long as it's warm out. Dust seems to get in nasal cavity and give me awful headaches on the way home and the next day.

Dusty conditions almost always mean that my eyes will feel like dirt for the next two days. Don't get me wrong, dry conditions allow you to haul ass, but mud is almost always a fun time to me.

So which do you prefer and why?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
671 Posts
Dusty all the way, I hate mud! Not really a big fan of dust either, but would pick it anytime over mud. You haven't lived until you are in dust so thick you can't see the hood of the quad! Actually, I don't mind riding in mud, but I hate cleaning the quad after riding in it. If we have a good rain in the desert, I will actually not go riding during the rain or right after so I won't have to clean the quad up. The best time to ride though is a couple of days after the rain. No mud, no dust, awesome traction, just wish it would happen more often in the desert.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Well, the only thing I don't like about mud is cleaning it off in the end. But dust just sucks b/c if you're hauling ass, you can't see anywhere if anyone is in front of it, better chance for it to get into your engine, and I hate the dryness it leaves in my mouth.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mudd, Dust, Snow, Sand, Water, Who cares!!! Let me at it!! LOL! No, really. I like mudd better. Even with the best googles I allways get dust in my eyes. If we get on a dusty road, I usually hold back so I'm not in a dust cloud.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I absolutely hate when it's real dusty, mostly because I wear contacts. When the dirt gets in there it make me miserable the rest of the day and usually the day after too. I love playing in the mud but cleanup is a time consuming biotch and it sucks when you'se so muddy that you keep sliding off the seat everytime you hit the throttle.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i think dusty riding is where its at! because like matlock im always in front!:birds:

ps. scuzz theres no mud or dust at the dunes and that is my true favorite. sand predigious!:lmao:

·
Registered
302 Posts
i would definately have to go with mud. i hate when your riding on the dirt rodes with someone in front of you and they stir dust up all over you while ya'll are riding. well, i used to have that problem till i got the xx. :) now they are the ones gettin dusted, but yeah, i like playin around in the mud, so does my xx. i think it likes to get dirty. lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Mud all the way for me (that was my pic). I hate when you cant see anything with dust flying up.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
mud all the way nothin better than crawlin thru the mud. get in the "shit" and use raw power to push ur bike and body to their respectable limits. im more of a slow technical rider but when im haulin ass i like to be able to see what im gonna hit so i hate the low to no visability of dust

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mud. What can I say about mud...... You are always there for me. Even after it hasn't rained in days I can find you. You are always the reason for me getting dirty. I love your smell and your color. At the end of the day I dont like washing you off of me. You are my favorite, my best friend, and I miss hate it when I am not with you......MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
^^ nice lmao ^^

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mud for sure, but not too much water!! :eek:hno: Things go bad with too much water.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If it's dusty as in they just burned the forest and your eating ash all day, I'll take mud. Other wise I like it dry to ride fast.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Here in California, there is more dusty riding than mud riding and you get used to riding in dusty conditions. When we do get muddy conditions, it's not the kind of mud you just plow through... reference, the example pic posted in this poll. Lots of the mud we get is surface/slick/sticky goo. You know... turn your wheels and you still slide straight. There is nothing worse than having no control of your direction at speed. Don't get me wrong here... I enjoy a good dip in the mud as much as anyone... But, some of the mud we get here almost makes the trails un-rideable... except very slow and I don't like slow.

roadkill

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.