Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what I should buy for myself and my son besides helmets and sturdy boots. Even with the boots should I bu MX boots for us or just good hikers? What about elbow and knee pads and a chest protector especially for my 7 1/2 year old son? The MX jerseys look cool so I'm definately getting us a few for posing purposes but what about safety gear? We will be riding the desert southwest and occassional dunes. What does everyone else wear

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
If you are planning on saving your ankles/legs get some good MX boots which cost about the same as a good pair of hiking boots. Good gloves also helps on long runs.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
As far as boots go, I Used Full MX boots till I got my Nerfs Now I wear 50/50 boots. I prefer Actual Riding boots over Hiking but thats just a preference. As for Safety gear I always wear my Chest protector and it has saved my ribs on at least 1 occasion as well as keeps the Rocks from hitting me (Chest to Brake Reservoir would have been boken ribs). Everything really comes down to where you ride, I ride in the Desert and this is what seems to work for me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Full MX boots, chest protector, gloves, goggles, and a kidney/back support. If I'm on the track, a neck brace. I always dress for the crash, not the ride.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If nothing else atleast dress the boy in as much protective gear as possible .. and you ? atleast good helmet, gloves, boots just my 2 pennies

·
Registered
101 Posts
dress to crash , mx boots ,helmet, knee guards,full chest protector,goggles,gloves,

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dress to crash , ,

Great quote!! Those are words to litterally live by. Read the post about my son's crash. I guess you can never be overlly protected in a crash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree...dress for the crash not the pics. I wear an EVS BJ22 Ultra Ballistic jersey under a motocross jersey. It gives my torso, back, shoulders and elbow protection in a zip up jacket. I wore it in 90 plus degree weather without any problems. It also allows me to wear it under an enduro jacket for cooler weather. I wear mx boots and shin guards as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts