Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
quadzillas are bad a$$!!!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
are the tires on backwards on the quad on the right?

·
Registered
291 Posts
My dad still has his zilla that he bought brand new in 87.Its mostly stock but could use a freshening up.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
are the tires on backwards on the quad on the right?

Ish, There Kenda Klaws . You can run them both ways. Oneway for soft and one way for hard.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dad still has his zilla that he bought brand new in 87.Its mostly stock but could use a freshening up.
this thing is still stock, never been painted or restored in any way, apart from rebuilds when it needs it, the thing somehow still has the orignal 24yr old tyres on it,

·
Registered
291 Posts
Here's a pic of my dads. Just skids, six pack rack, and handguards. Probaly been about 2 years since he's had it out. I haven't raced him with my xx yet, but when I had my 400EX we were riding down some gravel roads and I was tapped out and he looked over and he said "that's it?". Gunned it and he was gone. Those spider tracs throw rocks....

As far as handling it's flat and wide and works good in open areas. Would handle better with a tighter turning radius.

First time I rode it I went into a slide on grass and grabbed a little more throttle and did a slide wheelie.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is sick - I've always wanted a Quadzilla.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've always wanted one of those or a 250r. And both are being talked about n here, the r obviously in another thread.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Used to own the 250R and was great in the Dunes, even in the trails, just had to feather the throttle and bring yourself an extra 2 gallons gas tank which was stradle in my six pack rack. Never had any issues with once I jet it for the Altitude.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had an '88 250R. Fast and nimble in the woods and never once left me stranded. I've probably had more seat time on that quad than any other I've owned. The only thing I did to it was put new rings in it and new axle bearings. (tear in my eye right now)

I also had a Quadzilla. Rebuilt it from the ground up with new bearings, bushings and new top end. On my first ride, I went tearing up this hill that had a curve once you topped the hill. I always hit it in about 4th gear pinned on the 250R. I hit it like that on the 'Zilla and slid clean out of the road at the top....but my GOODNESS what a rush. That thing had power for days and the wheels seemed to constantly spin. There is just something about that big old 2-stroke brute that's magical. I should have bought stock in Loctite while I had it though....

·
Registered
316 Posts
you turn two strokes with the throttle. they will turn as tight as you want if you have big enough gonads to just climb on the throttle when most people want to let off

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Nice Silver. Looks like an amazing machine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that thing is cool, looks in good nick,

i wonder if they ever made a 3 wheeler with 2 front wheels and 1 back one?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts