Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys a few months ago I was riding my 700 and I rode through a little puddle wich turned into a 3foot sink the whole quad drowned shut it off right away and got it out after being pulled out by another quad. We tipped it facing up drained all the water out did a good amount of oil flushes now starts right up..now ever since then the whole right side of the motor is burning hot!! I can have 3 layers of pants on and still feel it on my skin..I don't have a clue what it is..first thought was the exhaust so I wrap it up with exhaust wrap and still burns hot..does anybody know or have any ideas what it is???

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Hmmm. Anytime I've seen something like that it's because of water left in the oil. But several flushes should've taken care of that, and it's not like water can hide in the oil, it's pretty obvious. I wonder if something could be wrong that's causing a lean condition, or if a bunch of contaminated oil could damage the screen on the oil pickup.

·
Registered
39 Posts
did you change spark plug? i SANK mine big time and rode really easy on way home then did a flush with thicker oil and filter, then changed oil and filter to the good oil and new filter then changed the spark plug and i can't tell a bit of difference now. still strong, no smoke, not any hotter either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts