Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get new rims and would like some opinions on which ones to buy 11x7 stock offset or itp 10x7, i know there is more tire selections with the 10x7 itp, with the 10x7 im concerned about the width, does it handle better with the 10x7 since they make it about 50 inches wide? and also what tire is everbody running with the 10x7, a 22 9 10 0r 22 10 10 or 20 inch. thank you for any advice.:confused:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm running the ITP T9s at the moment but will be getting DWT OMF wheels since they are stronger, I wont go back to 11s due to the kinds of tire i run, plus allot more choices with 10s then 11s.

I think the ITPs puts each side out a extra inch so you will be 2 inches wider in the back, never really ran the stockers since i owned the quad so i cant compare.

If i had to go to a regular tire i would run the 22 inch Kutter XC in the back for general trail use.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tire Choice

I have run the 22/8/10 Bearclaw on my outlaw with great success. This has prompted me to get the Rancher hubs( arrived yesterday ) and use the same rim and tire set up as I have on my Outlaw. I fitted the rim with Bearclaw onto the XX last night and it is a perfect fit. There is no interference on the a-arm side and the width is exactly the same as stock. I will be testing this set up on the XX on the weekend. In Australia the Kutter or the Razr for the standard rim is +/- $ 50 more expensive than the bearclaw. I have never done this but some guys have told me that if you put the bearclaw on backwards( swop the rims around ) it works pretty well in sand( dunes ). The rims I am using are OMF Beadlock lites in 10 x 6.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I run the t9's with kenda klaws. They're a directional tire, one way for soft dirt and the other for hard packed. With the 10" rim they sit 23" high even though they're 22" tall tires. I run a 14t front sprocket and they combo has been successful so far, I love it and probably will keep it. Yes, it widens the rear by about 3" and handling is a lil' bit better but not real noticeable. I'm happy with the 10", tire selection is a breeze and they're durable. Any other questions feel free to ask. I have run the razr and bear claw so far and the kenda tires are by far my favorite.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I had to use the 10" rim because the 11" Razr or Kutter is not imported to the UK.
One of the best things I did , I can run 18"-25" rear tyres but I wish someone would make a true 20" tall tyre for this rim. You put 18" tyres alround and it handles superb.
I still have the 11" rims with a set of 23" Bearklaws and use them only when I have to.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i get the 10x7 4+3 offset what size tire should i get a 20 or 22 tall, and can i use the stock front rims with 4+3 offset or does it need to be wider in front ?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I run the 10 inch t9's and I love them the bike slides easier and feels more stable. I have the 20xx inch razr 2's and for trails riding I don't think there's anything better. I also ran the stock front wheels for a while and this setup worked fine for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts