Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the "Ouch that hurts" thread I thought this might be a good idea for a thread. And an experance of mine awhile ago....
Come over a blind lip in the trail, what do I find on the other side??? Three, yup, THREE, quads parked in the trail. Not on the side or some where visible. RIGHT IN THE @#!*! MIDDLE. While thier ridders are off on a little hike. I managed to miss the quads. Parked mine, off the trail, and waited for the riders to return. All young kids. Great love to see kids getting into the sport. Sooo.... got my anger in check and explaned a little propper trail ettiquite to them. Then rode with them for awhile.

Rookie Advice 1 : Yes, Please, do park and explore.

DO NOT PARK IN THE TRAIL

·
Registered
984 Posts
X2, I'm not sure if I would have been able to keep as cool.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Same here!! Guess that it all depends on their age....common sense grows with the age, lol!! it's great that you were able to keep it cool!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yea great job!:tup: I KNOW I COULDN'T DO IT!:steamed:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I've always had incredible patients with kids.
It really is our job to teach the newbies the simple rules of this sport. I don't know about you all but I for one am tiered of seeing trails closed. I want my grand kids to be able to enjoy this sport. So I try to do my part when I'm out there. Or the only place we will be able to ride will be fenced in arenas.
You would be suprised how well a simple," cool ride" or "nice gear" Followed by "make sure you bring that water bottle back out with you" , works!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'd have jacked the keys to their quads... haha jk.... I actually crashed a couple months ago at 3am and when I got up and realized what happened, the quad stopped about 2 feet away from 2 guys sitting in the middle of the trail with their lights OFF! Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't seen them? (and still had the rubber side down)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I came very close to finding out..lol...
Is it really possible that, that many people don't know or understand even the simplest rules of trail use ??? If so,what can we do about it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts