Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, im new to this forum and this bike. Just bought a nice 2008 700XX last week. Got it from a local Honda Dealer for $3000. Seemed like a good deal, has Moose Nerf bars, and Big Gun EvoR pipe and programmer. Rest is stock, except Tires. Ive thoroughly detailed it and trimmed the front fenders to what I think is a much better look.

I just ordered the custom rear sway bar from the member here that makes them.

I want to get black beadlocks rims, but I cant find an 11 inch rear rim, so im thinking 10 inch rear rim will work, am I correct? I will remove mud guard of course. I read that the rear rims are that size for correct rear axle angles, so will the 10 inch rear rim still be ok?

Any links to popular rims you guys run that are black? id be very thankful!

Second, I want a black from bumper/grab bar. but I cant find anyone that makes one! I can find the " V" variety but I want a straight one, ive seen lots in pictures but they are pretty old. Any hints?

Anything else I need to know about this quad?

So glad this site is here.
Thanks,
Graham

·
Registered
2007 TRX450ER
222 Posts
Hiper still sales black rims in beadlock and black. I bought OMF beadlocks but I do not know if you can get those in black. I bought 10 inch rear wheels and they fit fine. The bumpers and pretty much anything else is getting really hard to find. Ebay is your best bet.

·
Registered
2007 TRX450ER
222 Posts
You're welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, im new to this forum and this bike. Just bought a nice 2008 700XX last week. Got it from a local Honda Dealer for $3000. Seemed like a good deal, has Moose Nerf bars, and Big Gun EvoR pipe and programmer. Rest is stock, except Tires. Ive thoroughly detailed it and trimmed the front fenders to what I think is a much better look.

I just ordered the custom rear sway bar from the member here that makes them.

I want to get black beadlocks rims, but I cant find an 11 inch rear rim, so im thinking 10 inch rear rim will work, am I correct? I will remove mud guard of course. I read that the rear rims are that size for correct rear axle angles, so will the 10 inch rear rim still be ok?

Any links to popular rims you guys run that are black? id be very thankful!

Second, I want a black from bumper/grab bar. but I cant find anyone that makes one! I can find the " V" variety but I want a straight one, ive seen lots in pictures but they are pretty old. Any hints?

Anything else I need to know about this quad?

So glad this site is here.

Thanks,

Graham

Graham,

Can you post a pic of your fender trim job? I have been pondering trimming mine.

Thanks,
-Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it so much better. Personally the stock look is just plain ugly to me. This looks more Honda performance to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks great, Man. The fenders don’t keep much off you anyway, might as well make them look cool!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great, Man. The fenders don’t keep much off you anyway, might as well make them look cool!

Totally agree. The elimination of the lower fenders makes it look like the 450R. Much better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Totally agree, the removal of the lower fender flares makes a huge difference, makes it look more like a 450R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts