Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to look at a 2010 F150 4x4 crew cab. And bought this for several thousand less. It's a 2006 Mustang GT with the stage 1 Roush performance upgrade. And only had 25k miles on it! Super clean but, does have a small scrape under the front air damn.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
M_Quick,
Extremely cool!!!:tup: Doesn't Roush include engine upgrades? I'm not sure what Stage 1 means. I do know that red means it's faster than black.:lol::lol:
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now ya did it!

Forget about how you're going to get your XX out to the trails?
I don't know about putting a hitch on the Mustang, lol. But I don't think the wife will mind me taking her Suburban as much now.

So just a gt with a body kit?
Has interior upgrades as well, like Mustang Billet Shifter Knob, Ford Mustang Shorter Throw Shifter Mustang Billet Pedal Kit, Mustang Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit, Custom Roush Racing gauges, Roush Decal on windshield, Roush Floor Mats, Roush 18" Rims, extra fog lights in front air damn, and I'm sure more. Has the Shaker sound system, and there was a car cover in the trunk, not sure if its all weather or just a dust cover.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
M_Quick,
Extremely cool!!!:tup: Doesn't Roush include engine upgrades? I'm not sure what Stage 1 means. I do know that red means it's faster than black.:lol::lol:
Sid

It is fast, I hit 80mph 1/2 way up the on ramp, while test driving it. Just starting to hit it in 5th, and noticed 80mph. Roush has 3 stages of performance upgrades. Stage 3 is full blown super charger and everything else. Like a 20k upgrade! Here's a youtube video I found, Car looks the same but doesn't have the Roush floor mats like mine, but I dont have the real Jack Roush autographs on mine. Okay old video link appears dead, so I replaced video with a old one of my car.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And for some reason I have a Roush spark plug socket in my console, in a little pouch?

Well on 2nd look in better lighting it is the locking lug socket, not a spark plug socket, lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
I wouldn't say its fast. They do run good, but wait till you start putting stuff on it. I am thinking about one for my girlfriend.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
M_Qucik,
Thanks for the show-and-tell. I love it. That carbon fiber accent inside is sick.
Sid
Thanks and that was just a video I found online. I have a new picture of mine, to share thou. It's parked out back of my house, I need to get my old truck sold and out of garage. And the car cover that came with it was a Roush All weather cover. Maybe when I get it cleaned up a bit lol, I will make my own video.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Went to look at a 2010 F150 4x4 crew cab. And bought this for several thousand less. It's a 2006 Mustang GT with the stage 1 Roush performance upgrade. And only had 25k miles on it! Super clean but, does have a small scrape under the front air damn.

Me want one ! (Please). :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
M_Quick,
Just a word of caution. I had a 62 Mercedes restored a number of years ago and immediately bought a very high quality cover for it. After just a year and a half, here in the desert, the paint job was ruined. The sand and dust got under the cover and sandpapered the finish. It ever ruined the beautifully chromed hood shroud.:eek:hno: If I had it to do all over again, I would never cover it. Washing frequently with a good quality mitt and drying with soft towels or chamois is my answer. Waxing and cleaning the machine frequently without covering it is, IMHO, the answer.
Looking forward to hearing from others that may have had the same problems with a cover.
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sid,

Thanks for the tip! Although I don't live in or near the desert, I cant see covering the car. I did put the cover on for about as long as it took, to take a couple pictures. I will probably use the cover during the winter as a dust cover, once I get my garage cleared out. Which may take awhile, with one old truck, 2 buggy's, and 5 - 4wheeler's, and countless other items.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
537 Posts
As far as drying the car, I've been using one of theses things on my other cars. Let me know what you think of this item.

http://www.autogeek.net/orcadrybl.html
Dude, don't ever dry your car with anything that touches the paint!! Now matter what it is, there's always going to be friction and possibly dirt that will scratch the finish. I ONLY use an electric leaf blower or compressed air from my shop on my '97 Supra, '03 Cobra, and '12 BMW to dry it after washing. You should try it and see how fast and water spot free it will be.

·
Registered
821 Posts
As far as HP, the new v6 is over 300. And my Dakota is also over 300. It's addicting when you start adding stuff. Hopefully by the end of the summer I will have 450 to the tires on my daily driver. I agree on the covers, don't put them on a good paint job.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
M_Quick,
I'm not sure about that silicone device for removing the water. As was pointed out, any speck on the paint or imbedded in the material could scratch. Additionally, the leaf blower could pick up something from the ground and unless the compressor has a water and oil separator in the line you could get spots on the car. An oilless (sp?) compressor could work. I am a believer in the chamois. They are a pain to use and require periodic cleaning but I like them.
Use what works for you.:eek:hno: :lol:
Sid

1 - 20 of 92 Posts