Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went up to Samoa Dunes and rode Saturday... also met another 700xx rider and told him about the forum. He sent me a PM so he must have joined. The first 3 pics are of "digger" (Phil) and the last pic is of my quad. When you ride on the beach, you just gotta look out for bits of driftwood... but there is no speed limit... just let her rip.
My other choice for a ride this weekend consisted of going with one of my riding buddies and some of his friends up to the snow. Lets see, boozed up ******** with guns... What could possibly go wrong with that plan? With the banjo music from "Deliverance" in my head, I decided to pass on that adventure.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
That's awesome. I like it, but do you have a problem w/ the salt and everything? Just curious as I have never road on the coast, well hardly at all in any dunes besides in OR and Utah.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome. I like it, but do you have a problem w/ the salt and everything? Just curious as I have never road on the coast, well hardly at all in any dunes besides in OR and Utah.
With ANY beach riding, you want to get the sand off as soon as possible... This includes Pismo, Samoa and Oregon Dunes... Even if the sand is dry, it still has a good salt content... get it damp from dew of whatever... let the rust begin.

Before I drive home, I always pull into one of those stall DIY car washes. Wash my truck and my quad... still loaded on the truck. Then just let the wind at 70MPH dry everything off on the drive home.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
:mad:my invite was where!?!?!?! looks like you had a good ride why didnt your run your paddles? course you dont really need them there

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:mad:my invite was where!?!?!?! looks like you had a good ride why didnt your run your paddles? course you dont really need them there
Spur of the moment decision. Actually a friend called me Thursday night and asked me to pick up a pump for him here in San Francisco and take it to him in Crescent City. His commercial fishing boat is docked there. He paid me $400 to take the pump up there. I just threw my stuff together, loaded my quad and threw the pump on behind the quad. Had the pump to him by noon on Friday and he was back fishing by evening. In effect, he paid for my gas, motel and food... free riding trip. You're right, you really don't need paddles there. I would've invited you, if I'd had more time to put things together.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
thats cool free trips are always good!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks like fun. I have yet to get the xx in the sand. How does it handle? I see one pic with no paddles.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like fun. I have yet to get the xx in the sand. How does it handle? I see one pic with no paddles.
This particular place is small beach dunes and I don't feel the need for paddles there. However, for larger dunes... pay Pismo or Glamis... Paddle tires for sure.

The quad without paddles is my quad and the other 700xx with paddles is Phil's. Sand is fun and the 700xx handles real well with or without paddles.

roadkill

·
Registered
446 Posts
jealous...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Doug thanks for the pic.'s love the jumping one.hope to see you back up here again.keep in touch your freind Phil.(Digger)

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
really nice pictures! looks so nice wish I could see the ocean while I was riding!
OK... head south on I-287 to I-80. Turn right (West) and follow I-80 till you run outta road... 3,100 miles. If you go one block too far, you'll be in the Pacific Ocean. :lmao:

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts