Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm goin campin/ridin in florence OR next weekend AND i'm camping out in the sand for the first time. i see ppl tow their giant 3 axle toy haulers out there all the time, so i think i can do it too... BUT,

i was just wondering if anyone here has had this experience and if any one had any tips besides air down all the tires. speaking of tires, im due for new ones on my truck... any suggestions for a good tire? ive been running a 35x12.5 radial tsl swamper (only d load range) so id like to go up to an e range. either 315x75x16 (35inch) or 305x70x16 (33inch).

anyway thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't spin your tires!
Also don't forget, that if you get stuck use your ramps to help get out of the hole.

·
Registered
984 Posts
What's your differential gearing?

If your 4.10's or higher( 4.56) I would lean towards the 35's for mostly highway use or 33's if you spend more time in hilly conditions towing.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Park your trailer on some planks to help spread the load and keep it from sinking in.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
make sure you run low air pressure in all tires also. it can get nasty out there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody for your input on the sand campin. I have 4.30 gears and I'm mostly hwy not much hills so I'm gonna go with 315x75x16's and I'm gonna try the new dunlop rover m/t maxx tractions. They're an E load range good for 3800lbs. I read one report that said they have "thinner" side walls but I don't really do anything that would concern me with puntures, so I'm gonna try em out.

Thanks again for all your input!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I will be out on sat. I think we will be at the southjetty area we will be at a sand camp of a friends they have a trailer that has pig pin racing on the sides

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
so...how was it? everything go good on the first outing

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't gone yet. Were goin the 17th - 20th so well see this weekend. It should be fine, lots of ppl do it so I'm fairly confident (I also like to think I'm fairly competent too lol).

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
my bad lost a week somewhere.lol well hope you have a good trip i cant wait going to coos bay the 27-3 gonna be awesome

·
Registered
184 Posts
we had fun and I tested the rollover valve 2 times and didnt hurt it. 1st time was side hilling slow and the rt ft wheel hooked a rut and the 2nd time I was a little agressave with an up hill take off and stood it on the grab bar. raced my buddys 450r and never lost. he has cams,jetted,intake,port/polish,exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts