Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a lowrance outnback gps and was wondering what do i need to get the trail maps for the trails surrounding sand hollow state park loaded?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I recently purchased a Lowrance outback gps and was wondering what do i need to get the trail maps for the trails surrounding sand hollow state park loaded?
do you have the gpx file for the trail?
if you do leave the sd card out of the gps connect the gps to the computer when the gps loads look under my computer right mouse click on Eudora explore there is a folder called trails or gpx drop all the gpx files in this folder disconnect the gps and it will reboot when it does look in your gps under trails click on the number it won't show you the name rename the trail and your all good, for some reason the files don't load from the SD card it's just to save them they have be loaded into the memory on the gps, if you need any other help just ask......:yay:
also i have a great mounting system for the trx the and it's only 22.00 bucks from ram mounts systems i'll send picks if you need

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i do not have the GPX file, where would i get that? Also yes i would love to have pictures of the mount and would be very interested in getting it.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
One place that you can check is www.everytrail.com
You have to be a member but they have a whole bunch of trails/gps data on their web site, I for one always download my trails on this site so other people can use it.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Don't see anything about sand hollow state park, not to be dumb but is this the correct name of the park?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, but it is a new state park just really opened in 2008/9...also the ohv park associated with is called something different and consist of just dunes you have to venture pass that which isn't far or hard and you get trails...from what i've heard they say the trails belong to the county. I will check out the site...please email the pictures of the gps hold to [email protected]

·
Registered
108 Posts
One place that you can check is www.everytrail.com
You have to be a member but they have a whole bunch of trails/gps data on their web site, I for one always download my trails on this site so other people can use it.
i like the fact that you post all your treks online i downloaded them all and loaded them in my gps:lmao: i going to upload the pics or the ram mount
this is the cradle
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogRes...65077045072079076045076079057085/Default.aspx

this is all you need and two hole that need to be drilled right under the indicator lights to mount the cradle so its about $15.00 smackers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i checked the site, if you check the trail JEM/Hurricane Rim/China and you zoom out and use map style you will see sand hollow, this isnt' the area i am talking about, but it is close...

·
Registered
108 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
new mount

i like the fact that you post all your treks online i downloaded them all and loaded them in my gps:lmao: i going to upload the pics or the ram mount
this is the cradle
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogRes...65077045072079076045076079057085/Default.aspx

this is all you need and two hole that need to be drilled right under the indicator lights to mount the cradle so its about $15.00 smackers[/quot
some pics of the mount
new mount

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice, i might look for a thing that uses u bolts so that i can transfer it from atv to atv...if not i will deff go with this set up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.