·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is a nother run i took. HERES THE THING IF YOU WATCH IT YOU WILL NOTICE HOW IT CUTS OUT AND SPUTTERS TILL IT DIES WHEN UNDER A LOAD REALLY MAKING ME REALLY :)steamed:LOTS OF BAD WORDS:steamed:) MAD! ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCCycSD8n_U

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I would be 90% sure its something to do with the fuel controller settings. Have you adjusted them and what octane are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats what im kinda thinking im running 91octane and after it first started doing it i leaned it out for the high elavation but it keept it up

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You should have richened it, You may seriously be hurting the motor. Have you checked the plug? Seems like underload with the paddles your getting high cylinder temps and getting detonation, thats why I questioned your octane.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the guys i was with said to lean it out do to the thiner air. the plug is still a brownish black. you think the over heating is why it would only do it every now and again. i wonder if i should just pull the programer off?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Did it help when you leaned it out? Don't remove it, You have to have one with a full exhaust. Its just a bit hard to say with out riding or personally troubleshooting it. You would be able to here a pinging if it were detonating enough to effect performance. What is the Xtream Performance chip you mention in your sig?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it didnt do it as much when i leaned it out. i think i need to take it in and get it professionally tuned. i removed the xtream chip it was just a box to trick the efi to give it more fuel but took it off when i put the programmer on. yeah i hear ya and its even weirder how it doesnt do it at home only in the sand

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
What gear were you running in when it would die? It didn't help to stay in a lower hear and higher rpm? It would be nice if someone would get a PCIII and dyno there bike with Big 3 to share on here. I can get a great deal on some dyno time if anyone were local to need it. I'll have a dynoed map this weekend for the PCV put it will be to much for an unmodded bike.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was mostly 3rd 4th 5th that it did it in but it didnt seem like a lag because it cut out at high rpms too its really strange. i could ride for and hr or so and it was fine then it would start acting up again

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I just listened to the clip, Its sounds like your starving for fuel. I had a mystery problem of sorts when I first got my bike back together that just disappeared, I'm wondering if there's something wonky with the XX fuel pumps.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats what i kinda was thinking too but wasnt sure' it acts like it has no fuel at all when it does it. what do you think about the fuel injection being cloged as well. ill put up some other clips of it doing it again tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If it were the injector it wouldn't be intermittent. Could it have been the steep inclines and you were low on fuel not allowing it to get fuel suction?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know it wasnt low on fuel beacuse after the first time it was doing it i made sure it was always full. but you think the pickup for fuel could be on the front of the bike and in turn be on top whn climbing such steep hills and not able to pull enough fuel

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Had basically the same issue and after playing with the fuel controller 2 Bros, the issue went away but decided to purchase the PCIII with Bo maps and it runs great now. Your sound clip sounded like if it was getting either too much gas or not enough, basically choking itself. If the plug is brown/black then it's running too rich but again it all depends on how and when you check the plug.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Where are those dunes

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I agree with Nash, You would of needed to checked the plug when you were at the dunes to get a definate answer if it were rich or lean.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok it hasnt been run since the dunes ill check it tonight. the dunes are in nevada

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Its night here, what's the hold up :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts