Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which ones are better and why? i really want a set and im havin trouble deciding. how do they hook up compared to each other? i like drag racing a lot but i also like just playin around while im out there.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Sand stars will be better for turning and the haulers will be better for drag races. It all depends which is more important to you. If you look in the videos there is the one I posted from silver lake sand dunes and all 3 quads in the video have the sand stars. I am no pro but I think the sand star angled paddles help with turning and the haulers are stiffer and dig in more. Hope that helps

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking but is it that big of a difference as far as dragging? i mean, my friend has haulers and i have some sand sharks and when we race he wins because his catches traction faster but i have twice the mods

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
dont ever compare sand stars to haulers!!!!:steamed::steamed:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well sorry for not bein an experienced duner. lol whats your advice as far as size, brand (obviously haulers), and paddle count

·
Registered
446 Posts
sand stars to haulers there is really no question about which paddle is better. Haulers all the way if your ask any experienced duner and they'll tell you the same thing. The only time stars would even compare would be doing figure 8's in the sand all day (which nobody does). if you want to climb sandhills and go anywhere, haulers are where it's at.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I was just giving my opinion from my experience. I have never had haulers but i know when i am looking at things i like to hear everyones opinion who has had experience with the items in question. All I know is that with the sand stars I never had any front end push even though I still had my bear claws up front. I never had any trouble climbing anything either. But if you look at any magazine on any sand build skat trac is what they use so there has to be something there with that. I got my sand stars on rims from a buddy for $100 for it all so for me the choice was easy since I will go to the dunes 2 times a year at most

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Garrett, thats why i am selling the sand stars to get more traction. Now dont get me wrong the sand stars do get good traction but nothing like the haulers. If you want to drag race then dont think about buying the sand stars i'm selling because you will end up like me selling them and getting the haulers. Just to give you an idea my buddy has a 450r and was running sand stars we were back and forth. Now that he has the haulers he wins every time.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Skat trak hauler 22X11X10

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
well sorry for not bein an experienced duner. lol whats your advice as far as size, brand (obviously haulers), and paddle count
lol. im running 22x11x10 7 paddle. extream haulers. 7 paddle because they still bite really hard climbing hils and dragracing but slip more it turns because there is more space between paddles. i would go down to a 20in tire though. also haulers are WAY wighter and we all know the lighter is faster. if you dont like haulers get skat tracks edge paddle. its not really a matter of sand stars vs haulers but itp vs skat track ans skat track is the way to go in the sand. also i have had both just trying to help ya out.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Just got back from a 4 day trip to Glamis and my Skat Trak Extremes are night and day over the ITP Dune Stars I have. I will never buy anything other than a Skat Trak now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
we've been running the 22" itp sand stars and i'm upgrading to a set of haulers for this years dune trip... gonna be running a 20" 8 paddle hauler on a 10x6" wheel... they are about 3lbs lighter per tire, so i have big hopes for them... ideally i wanted a 22" tire but i have these 20" tires laying around and they are brand new so we'll see. i'm gonna gear up a tooth up front to make up for the difference in roll out of the tires. hopefully it does better than the old itps... i'm sure they will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts