Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need help on getting rims and sand tires for my 700xx. First up, I don't know squat about working on quads or any technical stuff. I have only been riding 2 years now and I started riding in my 60's.

There are plenty of tires for a 10" rim, but not for the 11" rim. So my problem is getting a 10" rim for the rear and getting the right rim to clear the upper a-arm and the inside of the rim. I already know to remove the mud scrapers, but don't know what will work. I also don't know anything about "offsets" or lug dimensions. This is ALL totally confusing to me and I don't understand any of it.

Also, if the rear ends up 2" wider as Simon Walton said (thank you Simon)... But, he also said something about doing something to the front to compensate for the wider rear.... 1" spacers?? custom offset rims on the fronts??

I was thinking of ITP rims... but which rim? I really don't need beadlock rims for the sand. I was also thinking of ITP Sand Star 20x11x10 tires for the rear.

HELP!! I really need to be walked through the process.

My quad is pretty much stock except for DG skid plate and bumper and is quite good for trail riding here in California which is what I mostly do. Got this particular quad for it's power, IRS and ground clearance. But, California also has great sand areas as well as Oregon and Nevada. I just don't want to leave dune riding out of my inventory because I'm an idiot when it comes to mechanical and technical things.

roadkill

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am using ITP 10" rims with Sand Stars. Remove the Mud Scrapers and you will have no problems. I don't use spacers however you might want to run sand tires on the front rather than stock for better turning.

·
Registered
101 Posts
4/144 ITP .190 T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished

http://www.rockymountainatv.com has the wheels for $71.95 and the Tires for $75.95

They have them as a package deal for a set of rears $290.80

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you... just what I needed. I ordered sand tires and rims for both front and rear. I also ordered new meat for front and rear as my stock Dunlops are just about shot... Maxxis Razr

roadkill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.