Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it appears that I will be doing a lot of sand riding this year. So, from all you desert/sand people, what are some good paddles out there. I was looking at the ITP Sand Stars. I haven't noticed many threads on sand tires, so that's why I am starting a new one. Also, are the front sand tires necessary/really that helpful? Just curious as I will be a newbie on the sand w/ a quad. I know the paddles help out tremendously on a bike, but I want to make sure I am getting the best ones out there. I will probably just be mounting them to some ITP Pro 9's, as I haven't had bad luck w/ them yet racing and such. Thank you fine gentleman.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Skat Trac are the best from what everyone says. I have the sand stars and I have no complaints but I only ride in sand a few times a year. As for the fronts, my buddy had the balance edition razrs on the front and had no issues. In dry sand I was fine with bear claw fronts but in wet sand they got packed. He was fine in both wet and dry.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
BEST is a relative term

there is no BEST tire, but only a best for a certain application

Most run Skat Trak's here ,

Skat's are known to be the lightest tire and available in unlimited configurations (normally 5+ lbs lighter each then Sandstars of Dune tracker ect)try not to go more then 9 paddle... the less the better

Sandstars are heavy but pretty much indistructable... so if you have a lot of rock or hard pack dirt mixeed in with your sand then id buy those

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the number of paddles matter w/ the more power you got? I am probably in the mid 60's HP wise, and don't want something that will just spin, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
377 Posts
crwh45, its sand! When you dump the cluch your gonna spin. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Does the number of paddles matter w/ the more power you got? I am probably in the mid 60's HP wise, and don't want something that will just spin, if that makes sense.
I'm running Skat Trak extremes 8 paddle. I will be taking them out on 3/11 with the new build, I will let you know how they do.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I realized you will spin LOL. It's just I want to spin the least amount I have to when I dump the clutch. I got the big bore for a reason....to run it against others and I dont wanna come in 2nd because of poor tire choice. Thanks 08, I think I may be able to wait for another week and a half and get them intime b4 the first wkend in april.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
just do what i tell you and youll be fine! that blind date worked out well except it was ur sister

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just do what i tell you and youll be fine! that blind date worked out well except it was ur sister
It went well ay? So you like them extra large b/c she is huge!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Picked up a lightly used set of sidewinder paddles for $150 with the itp t-9 wheels. I had a bent wheel anyway so I couldn't turn away from that price. I'm sure the Skat Track have much better traction, but these were cheap, and don't make the bike push much more than it already does, so................sway bar?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yep

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I realized you will spin LOL. It's just I want to spin the least amount I have to when I dump the clutch. I got the big bore for a reason....to run it against others and I dont wanna come in 2nd because of poor tire choice. Thanks 08, I think I may be able to wait for another week and a half and get them intime b4 the first wkend in april.
My 8 paddle extremes did great this weekend at glamis on the motor put hooked up a little to much on the nitrous. I don't know how much power your big bore is making but they felt great with my 62hp. I'm going to sell mine and get something that will spin a little more so I don't have to ride a wheelie all the way though 3rd lol(on the bottle)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
my 8 paddle extremes did great this weekend at glamis on the motor put hooked up a little to much on the nitrous. I don't know how much power your big bore is making but they felt great with my 62hp. I'm going to sell mine and get something that will spin a little more so i don't have to ride a wheelie all the way though 3rd lol(on the bottle)
spinnin' aint winin'

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bring back this thread. I have a set of sand stars from my 450r and was going to just buy new rims. I'm wondering though if the tire's size will work. 21x7- 10 front and 20x11-10 rear. Would these work ok and more importantly will a smaller tire in the rear make the bike push more.? I'm just wondering if these tires will work or if I should sell the package and get new ones? Any advice on the actual tire sizes is what I'm looking for. Will a larger size in the back make the bike handle better? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Outlwd, I can't answer your push question, but to save money, you could just buy some wheel spacers that have the 450r bolt pattern. I saw one guy do that on here for his paddles.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yuseall4 has spacers on his to change the pattern

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Bring back this thread. I have a set of sand stars from my 450r and was going to just buy new rims. I'm wondering though if the tire's size will work. 21x7- 10 front and 20x11-10 rear. Would these work ok and more importantly will a smaller tire in the rear make the bike push more.? I'm just wondering if these tires will work or if I should sell the package and get new ones? Any advice on the actual tire sizes is what I'm looking for. Will a larger size in the back make the bike handle better? Thanks for any feedback.
The bigger tires in the back will help the bike float better, the XX pushes like crazy in the sand so I don’t think you would notice a difference between 20 or 22 and I run the same size front and they work great for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.