Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

SCCS Round 1 (2012 season)

3K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Baxter 
#1 ·
The 2012 season of the Sierra Cross Country Series will kick off next weekend for Round 1 April 13th to 15th at the Matock Ranch in Jackson, CA. XC racing for the whole family including the kids.

I'll be trying my hand at racing this season in the Novice Class. I said "trying" because I don't know if my age and health will be good enough for me to compete or even finish a race... but, still gonna try. I'm 63 and have heart problems plus I had a major stroke 18 months ago and still have considerable problems on my left side. I'm #888, so come on out and see me come in dead last... but, if I finish the race, I still win.

As far as I know, I'll have the 2nd 700xx in the series... the other one belongs to Tabitha and she races in the Ladies Wee class... So we need more people racing on a 700xx.

roadkill

#2 ·
You know I am wishing you "Good Luck" and enjoy it. I race a guy ,John Elliot , a hero of mine. 71 years old and still kicking my ass.

If I lived closer , you know I would be there. Have a good one my friend and no "frenchy" with the trophy girl ! lol.

#3 ·
.... Have a good one my friend and no "frenchy" with the trophy girl ! lol.

Thanks Lee. Actually the trophy girl is a friend's daughter (Kara) and she's only 17.... She was in The Miss Yuba-Sutter pageant last year, so she's still a hottie... Think of a blond version of Jenifer Love Hewitt.

roadkill

#5 ·
I'm a what? Me no understand. Damn Brits, always with terms no one else can understand. lol

roadkill

#8 ·
My quad and stuff is all loaded up in my truck and I'm ready to head out about 4 A.M. tomorrow morning. Course should be a muddy mess from the rain we've been getting this week, but no rain for the weekend.

I'll post up how I did and some pics when I get back.

roadkill

#10 · (Edited)
Well, it was like I thought it would be... a muddy mess. About 1/3 of the riders didn't finish the race... including me. I went over on a hard off camber turn and my day was done. My quad is OK and I only have a very sore shoulder. Should take a week to get all the mud off the quad... that is as soon as I unload it from my truck.

Now, this race took place... or IS taking place on private property. Just getting into the staging area was a challenge because of the rain they got on Friday... even 4wd trucks got stuck in the mud. The staging area had to be changed because those that tried to get in there, ended up having to be towed in by the ranch's tractor. Yes, I got stuck in the mud. But not on entering the alternate staging area... I got in just fine, but leaving was another story. The path I took in was blocked by other trucks, so had to take a different route out.

No one could tell one rider from another... Everything was covered by mud... quads, number plates, riders, goggles.... I post up a pic of my quad before I wash it... from only 2 laps.

OK, here's what my quad looks like now... after only 2 easy laps.

roadkill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.