Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the riders in round 5 posted his vid of one lap. The only problem is his own vid shows him cutting the course... which no one knew about till he busted himself. At 10:18, it shows him going off course and instead of going back and taking the turn, he continues on blowing through the caution tape course maker at 10:20. Me thinks his points position will suffer... He should also be docked extra points for being stupid. :lol:

http://youtu.be/kjbPJhBFx14

roadkill

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would have done the same thing!!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
As soon as I crossed the yellow tape , I would have spun it around and joined the course. If I am going for the win , then I would win fair.
Also find it funny that he stopped the vid before ,he came to the same section ,he "Cheated" on.
In the UK we use similar markings but have a guy watching the short cuts.
I see there was not much wind that day with the hangin dust.

Thanks for the vid post Doug.:D

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He shortened the course about 1 mile on that lap, bypassing a very technical section. It's not like he didn't know the turn was there... riders have a 45min. practice session in the morning to learn the course and recon passing areas. The rules say that if you go off course, you MUST re-enter the course where you left it. He was in 4th till that area, then he was in 1st. An official protest has been submitted and the protest will be upheld... based on his own vid. He could be penalized up to a last place finish OR a DNF.

I agree with Lee... race honest so that the finish you get is the finish position you EARNED.

roadkill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts