Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw a picture of wayne matlocks xx and it looks to me like the seat is taller? does someone make a kit for this or what?
also have seen quite a few blacked out headlights, if its a cover id really like to know where to get one
thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quad Tech makes taller foam and matching cover.

http://www.quadtech-atv.com/

Haven't looked lately to see if they added the 700XX to their website yet, may have to call them.

Someone does make a cover for the headlight, I don't recall the company off the top of my head. They have been mentioned on this website though, search may be able to find it. I just took the easy way out and used black number plate background to cover my headlight.

Doug

Doug

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the covers arent on ebay, i did find them after a while on jokers racing last night though, quad tech doesnt list anything for the xx on their page but i emailed them asking them about it

·
Registered
96 Posts
the covers arent on ebay, i did find them after a while on jokers racing last night though, quad tech doesnt list anything for the xx on their page but i emailed them asking them about it
They make a desert seat and a standard seat for the 700XX. Just call them up and tell them what you want. They are pretty quick too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm curious to know how much that cost if you happen to know

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm curious to know how much that cost if you happen to know
I'm thinking it was around $475.00 if I remember correctly. But that was 1 and a half years ago.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jesus thats expensive. I emailed them a few days ago and havent heard anything back from them. Not very impressed

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm thinking it was around $475.00 if I remember correctly. But that was 1 and a half years ago.
That sounds like the price for a complete seat. For just the foam and cover, I believe I paid around $200, but that was a few years ago.

Doug

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jesus thats expensive. I emailed them a few days ago and havent heard anything back from them. Not very impressed
I've heard that trying to email them was useless. So I just called them and ordered what I wanted. They were real easy to work with and seemed to really be helpful.

Doug, yes that was for a complete seat. You can buy just the foam and cover if you want to do it yourself. Also you can send them your seat to recover if you like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well finally received my quadtech dessert seat, took over 3 weeks for them to get it to me, i ordered it on the 2nd and just got it today, but man it was worth the wait, this thing is awesome

·
Registered
335 Posts
well finally received my quadtech dessert seat, took over 3 weeks for them to get it to me, i ordered it on the 2nd and just got it today, but man it was worth the wait, this thing is awesome
How about some photos? I would like to see this.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
was that a complete new seat or did you get the foam and cover and do it yourself or have an upholstrey place install it? how much was it$? looks killer an comfy!!!! i want the foam but im going to get hidden comfort camo do my seat cover with some custom embroidery on it.:xx:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah... that looks comfy. The other thing for me is I'm 6'3", so that extra height would be nice. I am also curious if its a whole new seat. The only thing I see of concern is it appears to have a different shape where it runs under the gas tank edge.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought the foam and cover and did it myself. I think it was like $220 for the kit. The seat fits perfect. The only reason it looks different by the tank is because i pulled the cover a little too tight on one side, the other side is perfect

·
Registered
335 Posts
For $220 that may be in my future. I would probably take it to a local upolsty place. I wouldn't trust myself. Whats it add for height? About 2"?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess im not sure about how much higher it is, if you have the right staple gun seat covers are easy, and its not like you can mess it up, you can always pull the staples out and start over

1 - 19 of 19 Posts