Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw a picture of wayne matlocks xx and it looks to me like the seat is taller? does someone make a kit for this or what?
also have seen quite a few blacked out headlights, if its a cover id really like to know where to get one
thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quad Tech makes taller foam and matching cover.

http://www.quadtech-atv.com/

Haven't looked lately to see if they added the 700XX to their website yet, may have to call them.

Someone does make a cover for the headlight, I don't recall the company off the top of my head. They have been mentioned on this website though, search may be able to find it. I just took the easy way out and used black number plate background to cover my headlight.

Doug

Doug

·
Registered
96 Posts
the covers arent on ebay, i did find them after a while on jokers racing last night though, quad tech doesnt list anything for the xx on their page but i emailed them asking them about it
They make a desert seat and a standard seat for the 700XX. Just call them up and tell them what you want. They are pretty quick too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm curious to know how much that cost if you happen to know

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm curious to know how much that cost if you happen to know
I'm thinking it was around $475.00 if I remember correctly. But that was 1 and a half years ago.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm thinking it was around $475.00 if I remember correctly. But that was 1 and a half years ago.
That sounds like the price for a complete seat. For just the foam and cover, I believe I paid around $200, but that was a few years ago.

Doug

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jesus thats expensive. I emailed them a few days ago and havent heard anything back from them. Not very impressed
I've heard that trying to email them was useless. So I just called them and ordered what I wanted. They were real easy to work with and seemed to really be helpful.

Doug, yes that was for a complete seat. You can buy just the foam and cover if you want to do it yourself. Also you can send them your seat to recover if you like.

·
Registered
335 Posts
well finally received my quadtech dessert seat, took over 3 weeks for them to get it to me, i ordered it on the 2nd and just got it today, but man it was worth the wait, this thing is awesome
How about some photos? I would like to see this.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
was that a complete new seat or did you get the foam and cover and do it yourself or have an upholstrey place install it? how much was it$? looks killer an comfy!!!! i want the foam but im going to get hidden comfort camo do my seat cover with some custom embroidery on it.:xx:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah... that looks comfy. The other thing for me is I'm 6'3", so that extra height would be nice. I am also curious if its a whole new seat. The only thing I see of concern is it appears to have a different shape where it runs under the gas tank edge.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought the foam and cover and did it myself. I think it was like $220 for the kit. The seat fits perfect. The only reason it looks different by the tank is because i pulled the cover a little too tight on one side, the other side is perfect

·
Registered
335 Posts
For $220 that may be in my future. I would probably take it to a local upolsty place. I wouldn't trust myself. Whats it add for height? About 2"?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.