Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Pick up a copy of this month's Dirt Wheels, there is a write-up on his machine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As far as the motor goes in that video it was completely stock. I will be racing this weekend with the built motor, we are trying to see how fast we can make it with the stock piston on pump gas. So far I hit 89.7 MPH on the rev limiter with 22'' Maxxis Razr's and Tire Balls and stock gearing. As far as other mods go we put an Alba fuel programmer and HMF pipe. Most of our improvement is on the suspension side, the last race in Baja that we won a couple of weeks ago was done on a stock motor with a filter and a pipe our biggest benefit is the suspension set up we have hundreds of hours and thousands of miles into testing. And we have our whole package working so well with are Houser arms and Elka shocks it makes racing so much fun. As for the stabilizer it is an Elka, we are using DWT 11'' wheels , Maxxis 22'' tires , Renthal bars , Houser front end and stem soon to be Houser rear arms and axles , Streamline brake lines , PRM skid plate that is most of it.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
As far as the motor goes in that video it was completely stock. I will be racing this weekend with the built motor, we are trying to see how fast we can make it with the stock piston on pump gas. So far I hit 89.7 MPH on the rev limiter with 22'' Maxxis Razr's and Tire Balls and stock gearing. As far as other mods go we put an Alba fuel programmer and HMF pipe. Most of our improvement is on the suspension side, the last race in Baja that we won a couple of weeks ago was done on a stock motor with a filter and a pipe our biggest benefit is the suspension set up we have hundreds of hours and thousands of miles into testing. And we have our whole package working so well with are Houser arms and Elka shocks it makes racing so much fun. As for the stabilizer it is an Elka, we are using DWT 11'' wheels , Maxxis 22'' tires , Renthal bars , Houser front end and stem soon to be Houser rear arms and axles , Streamline brake lines , PRM skid plate that is most of it.
Wow, 89.7 is cranking! Especially with just a filter, programmer and exhaust! Good luck with testing and racing! If you have more videos I'm sure everyone here would like to see them.:yay:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Front tire size?

What size front tire are you running Wayne? Can you also tell me why Honda decided to put a smaller tire on the front than the rear. i am planning on running a 23/7/10 on the front with Elka all round and Houser front a-arms. How much will this improve the front handling and steering?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What size front tire are you running Wayne? Can you also tell me why Honda decided to put a smaller tire on the front than the rear. i am planning on running a 23/7/10 on the front with Elka all round and Houser front a-arms. How much will this improve the front handling and steering?
I run a maxxis 23x7x10 and they put a smaller tire on the front to keep it from pushing in the turns. However it did not work the set up that you are talking about will more than fix that problem. the Houser arms are great I love the slicast, I adjust them for different tracks. When you get them make sure that you play with the settings for slower speeds and allot of turning I would set them in the #2 for fast wide open stuff I like #4 or 5

·
Registered
33 Posts
wayne where can i buy maxxis tires for the 11 inch rim in the bike. ive had no luck finding it anywhere.hope you can help.i live in tijuana, and never miss any baja race during the year,always cheer you guys on the side line, you guys where flying this past race in san felipe man,keep it up dude!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wayne where can i buy maxxis tires for the 11 inch rim in the bike. ive had no luck finding it anywhere.hope you can help.i live in tijuana, and never miss any baja race during the year,always cheer you guys on the side line, you guys where flying this past race in san felipe man,keep it up dude!
I just called Maxxis and he told me to have people call Tucker Rocky and they can point you to a dealer hope this helps you out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts