Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna lay some smack down on modded Raptors?
More to come, its beyond just a port job.....

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'll be damned if ya done what I have... Don't hold out

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt youve done what Im talkin about. Lots of TIG work for what I have in store.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I can send it to ya, It's not to bad. Just got offshore though, It'll be a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Im even talkin about raising the spring seat bosses .200"(almost a 1/4").
I've got some spacers machined already I was running on your head. I'll be using them on my current head. There about the same height.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sounds like somebodies raising the ports maybe?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im even talkin about raising the spring seat bosses .200"(almost a 1/4").
From what I can work out, thats about your only choice. It'll make the whole intake side way bigger and be more of a down draft too. Shit load of work though.

Major props - I can only imagine being able to do that sort of work. :yay:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pix:
One of the hurdles I was gonna face was getting the right springs and retainers to fit my application on raising everything and come to find out Kibble White has already supplied it for the XX. These XX/XR650R replacement valvesprings are much shorter than the stockers(which I think are way too massive to say the least) and come with a spacer/spring seat to accomidate the shorter KW spring. Instead of using the spacers just weld up the boss and remachine it .200" higher and just reuse the stock spring seat.

Now that we can move the spring pocket up and out of harms way(which is the main hurdle to jump on raising the port). we can now build up the roof of the port with weld so we can have the material to open this intake port up some. Then the spring placement is were it needs to be to be able to raise the port once some material has been added to the roof of the port.

Lets add some material to the left side of the port wall as well. Theres plenty on the right side as you can see but none on the left.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The possibility of even developing a 54mm inlet port is there. Just gotta have a junk head to cut in half to see if the waterjacket isnt in a key spot to take full advantage of this modification all the way to the seat. Only one way to tell.
Lets boldly go were no one has gone before.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanx.
If this sounds expensive it may be. If it works out the way it should I will probably charge in the neighborhood of $1500 for doing up one of these.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm away and can't look at mine, What is the stock bore on the inlet of the XX Bo?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
43.5mm so its in need of some work. The outside OD of the clamping area of the port is 51.8mm so Im talkin about almost a total redo of the intake side of the cylinder head including the TB boot for an aftermarket TB on nonstock TB applications.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts