Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not interested in a billet head, I'd like to see some flow numbers though. Did you port the EHS head? If so, did you flow it?
The EHS head was done by us. I do not have the time to do it myself anymore so RHC does all of our development work in conjunction with us and they are sold through our dealers. We developed this for EHS. The first 2 heads have not been flow tested yet due to the amount of time we had to turn them around in. We are waiting to get one of them back so we can do just that and digitize it also. We are also working on another large valve head that is going to be digitized next week. I can post those flow numbers up when we finalize it. EHS will be testing that head in the near future.
Don't get caught up in the maximum flow numbers race, just because they flow large amounts of air at high lift doesn't mean they will make power. In this industry I have seen very few shops that have flowbenches that are truly calibrated correctly so you will see varying numbers. I believe Bo knows what i am talking about just ask him about the raptor forums:hey:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm familiar with all of the in & outs of your last few posts. I was merely asking if there were any numbers on it, not doubting your build. I've done allot of research on the XR motor builds and was just looking for a number to reference.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The Honda head(XX and the XR for that matter) is in its infantcy compared to the 700 Raptor. The supply and demand has highly outweighed the R&D demand for the Honda stuff compared to the Yamaha. I, along with alot of others on this forum, am tryin to change this. Tim is at the front lines on this market along with an elite few, interesting things are to come.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm familiar with all of the in & outs of your last few posts. I was merely asking if there were any numbers on it, not doubting your build. I've done allot of research on the XR motor builds and was just looking for a number to reference.

Smooth I didn't take it that way I was just trying to explain because i have seen how the threads get blown out of proportion sometimes. I will be able to post numbers as soon as we get the head back in my hands. I try to err on the safe side when typing on the forums.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ehs

Smooth I didn't take it that way I was just trying to explain because i have seen how the threads get blown out of proportion sometimes. I will be able to post numbers as soon as we get the head back in my hands. I try to err on the safe side when typing on the forums.
My bike will be back to EHS this comming week, Eric is pulling to head and the test will be run. I am going to run the new larger valve head at the first VXCS race 3-28-10. I will let you all know thow it runs. We also have a few more tricks yet to come.:hey:

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Honda head(XX and the XR for that matter) is in its infantcy compared to the 700 Raptor. The supply and demand has highly outweighed the R&D demand for the Honda stuff compared to the Yamaha. I, along with alot of others on this forum, am tryin to change this. Tim is at the front lines on this market along with an elite few, interesting things are to come.
I have seen 70 out of the XR on our roadracers at 650cc i think there is more in them if you do what you are planning on doing. We have the big valve head to try with a big tb and see what happens with that I would also like to try a different cam then the one we put in the desert builds.

·
Registered
667 Posts
send it, i just need it back before 3-15-10 to get a little seat time!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You guys are making save my pennies!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The intake can be modified to flow what is needed but the twin exhaust ports compared to the single one will scavenge better it is easier to keep the velocity up in 2 smaller ports instead of one large one. I can get more technical if you want me to.
I will give this example of velocity in an exhaust.
We have a KX250F that we built for Don's Kawasaki in Pa. last year that makes 42hp to the rear wheel. I was playing with different exhaust head pipe diameters the stock one comes out at 1.375 then expands to 1.75. I built a head pipe that was 1.5 out of the head the same way the stock one was but 1/8 inch bigger and it lost 2 hp over the smaller one (velocity is the key to scavenging efficiently)
Hopefully this helps.
Ok , I am an engineer and do not compare to what you do or are trying . Why not put a vien between the exhaust valves. this would make one outlet into 2 halves. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The XR650R stock intake seats will handle a 40mm valve. I thought it would and is now confirmed, one step closer.....

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I would really like to know the differance on fitment between the 700xx and the XR.
Never seen underside of either and would like to know what's differant.
Only thing I can think of is head bolts spacing is differant.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Someone have a doctor ready because this is going to be sick...

·
Registered
302 Posts
well, when ya'll finish this project i'd be more than willin to test drive it. ;) lol

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
what ever happened with this?

·
Registered
258 Posts
i think he created a new thread from memmory

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
do u know what the thread link is?