Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and thanks for taking the time to hopefully guide me in the right direction to improving my TRX 700

Over here in the uk the only options for shocks are the Elkas or Fox i know shocks are a personal thing one mans poison is anothers pleasure but the fox shock does not get the thumbs up over here i have been advised that the elka is more durable equally as good on performance and it is cheaper what are your thoughts
Also for the front end ie A arms the 2 choices i have are the Laeger 50 inch standard travel or paying double the price and getting the houser long travel + 3/4
Ive read on here that going wide on the trx is not a good thing but surely the laeger is better than standard especially when you want to drop to the 10 inch rims which have been reported many times on this forum as making the rear even wider

In my mind the performance upgrades i wished to do was the stage 3 elka both front and rear laeger standard travel front end and steering stem
L8ton rear sway bar and i must say Kyle is the best i have nothing but praise and confidense in that man
and wheel changes as to what im unsure about

there is very little known about the trx here in the uk i mean do i need to worry about changing the front a arms will i gain much as the riding i intend on doing is going to be enduro and cross country

your thoughts and comments are most apprecited and welcome i need advice

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have race the BQCCC this year and had fun on the 700xx.

The rear 10" rims with stock a-arms will bring it 48"-49" wide. This was good for some tracks and too wide for others.
I use the stock rear a-arms and juggle between the 10" and 11" rear rims.
In 2011 I hoping to use a set of Teixeira Tech +11/4" LT front a-arms which should put me at 461/2" with 4;1 rims and 481/2" with 3:2 offset front rims.Also a Teixeira Tech +2 stem.
The Elka s3 is a good choice of shock .

Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Baxter and thanks for your reply

Am i correct in thinking that you run stock a arms for the front
In your experience with the trx 700 do you think the laegers would be a good purchase they are not long travel just standard ive looked at the internet and not much feed back on them
i run the leagers on my trx 450r but thats the t pin set up and something totally different
On here everyone raves about the houser set up but thats 870 pounds compared to 450 pounds for the leager
you are the only person ive seen so far in the uk that has a trx 700 lol is there a chance i could call you and pick your brains or leave my mobile with you

come on everyone else im sure you all must have opinions hs no one else got experience with the trx with the leager set up

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I think Ceballos and Hosracin both have laegers. I don't have any experience with them. You should also look at Teixeira Tech a-arms.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just put the Teixeira Upper Arms & foxs shocks on the quad, huge difference turns on a dime better than my 400ex with plus 2 arms .The fox shock are not quit dialed in yet but are 100% better than stock the give a much smoother ride and seemed to have greatly increace the wheel travel soaks up the bumps & holes like they arent there. A much cheaper alternative than the leagers or housers & they flat out work.But thats just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Just put the Teixeira Upper Arms & foxs shocks on the quad, huge difference turns on a dime better than my 400ex with plus 2 arms .The fox shock are not quit dialed in yet but are 100% better than stock the give a much smoother ride and seemed to have greatly increace the wheel travel soaks up the bumps & holes like they arent there. A much cheaper alternative than the leagers or housers & they flat out work.But thats just my opinion.

This is my exact situation. I'm not dialed in yet, but the test ride yesterday yielded WAY better handling than stock with teh Teixeira Tech Upper A-arms and the fox suspension. It was cold, and was a constant downpour for 3 hours, but me and my buddies cruised around in the muck anyway, and I was grinning the whole time. It made the machine a slam-dunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts