Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Should MLB try an instant replay system like the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 3 21.4%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should MLB use instant replay like the NFL?

The actual how it would be applied and work would be decided later. The only question I'm asking is: Should an instant replay system be tried?

roadkill

·
Registered
821 Posts
I put I don't care. I'm not a mlb fan so I remain neutral. I do think in real time being any type of ref/ump etc.. It would be beneficial to be slow things down to see exactly what happened. I have seen plenty of times where I think they called out when runner was safe. But not my problem, football is another story, I love the coaches having option of challenging. The guys call better knowing they can be checked.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I'm not a huge Pro Sports enthusiast b/c 99% of the players do it for a pay check now, not for the love of the game. They never had them back in the day, so why now? Then again, if an ump or ref screws up a play and the whole US sees it, they should do a replay of it. Kind of like the perfect game the kid pitched until the 9th inning when the ump screwed him a few months ago. IDK, it is just all ridiculous anyway. If you get instant replays then more players will be fighting w/ the umps for being dumb and this and that.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I liked reading ALL your opinions on the subject. Two recent calls during the playoffs went in favor of my own team... BUT, they were wrong and wrong is wrong. Giants vs Atlanta
1. Buster Posey was called safe at 2nd and he was out by a mile.
2. Atlanta runner called out at 1st even though the first baseman's foot had come off the bag.

This being said... MLB is different than the NFL and something that works for the NFL may not work for MLB.
Example: If a coach challenges a call in the NFL and looses, the team looses one of it's time outs... You can't do that with MLB. You have to have something to put at risk if a MLB manager challenges a call.

roadkill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts