Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants to give XC racing a shot on this side of the US. This may be the closest venue that we have. Come on out and help the seires grow.

Precision Racing Products Presents Sierra Cross Country ATV Series
New West Coast ATV Cross Country Racing Series

Lodi, CA (3/9/2011) - The Sierra Cross Country Series is a new west coast ATV XC racing series in the scenic mountains and foothills of the Sierras. John Scott, a native of the Sierras fell in love with cross country racing while living on the East Coast. After moving back to the Sierras, John was encouraged by his East Coast friends to start an ATV XC series on the West Coast.
With the help of George Athanasiou of Precision Racing Products, Ed Teixeira of Teixeira Tech, and John’s long time friend Jeff Porras ; John was able to bring his vision of a family fun ATV XC Race series in the woods of Northern California and Nevada to life with an eight race series kicking off at Falling Waters Ranch in Grass Valley, California: April 8-10

2011, with races in Portola, California and Jackson, California to follow. For more information go to: www.sccsracing.com

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Well, Baxter... I was there yesterday for the first day's racing. The weather was just great, the site was outstanding and the racing was outstanding as well... Few little glitches, but that was to be expected in a new race series. This is true grass roots racing and unlike other XC series, this series is very local to Northern California and that means it's affordable for the average rider to do. Race series officials are very friendly... even to the point of showing me around the property and feeding me... wives took care of my stomach.
The pictures I took were of Open practice, Pee Wee practice and racing and C Class racing. The adult course was tight and technical and there was a bit of tree tagging, but nothing serious. Couldn't stay for A & B class racing today (Sunday) but will try to do a full weekend for the other rounds.
Rather than post individual pics, I'm just posting a link to my SCCS album on photobucket...

http://s1017.photobucket.com/albums/af296/roadkill_ky/SCCS/

roadkill

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I wish it was closer to oregon. this would be a blast.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Well, Baxter... I was there yesterday for the first day's racing. The weather was just great, the site was outstanding and the racing was outstanding as well... Few little glitches, but that was to be expected in a new race series. This is true grass roots racing and unlike other XC series, this series is very local to Northern California and that means it's affordable for the average rider to do. Race series officials are very friendly... even to the point of showing me around the property and feeding me... wives took care of my stomach.
The pictures I took were of Open practice, Pee Wee practice and racing and C Class racing. The adult course was tight and technical and there was a bit of tree tagging, but nothing serious. Couldn't stay for A & B class racing today (Sunday) but will try to do a full weekend for the other rounds.
Rather than post individual pics, I'm just posting a link to my SCCS album on photobucket...

http://s1017.photobucket.com/albums/af296/roadkill_ky/SCCS/

roadkill

Thanks for the pics, does this mean you only watched and 700xx was in the garage ?
Seems a shame for one of us not to try it. :hey:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Thanks for the pics, does this mean you only watched and 700xx was in the garage ?
Seems a shame for one of us not to try it. :hey:
Yep... for now anyway. Right now I have shoulder problems, but hope I'm better to take part about mid-season. I think Remington is planning on doing the race series when his motor is back together... class A. I'd be in C over 50 class... because they don't have an "idiot old fart" class.
BTW - Ed from Teixeira was there and I met him... real nice guy. Talked about how Brits were such buttheads... j/k

roadkill

·
Registered
355 Posts
You should consider northern Arizona also.

·
Registered
355 Posts

roadkill
Thanks for sharing that RK

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
That looks like A LOT of fun!!!! Wish it was closer... It would be great if I could try this at least once... Which one is staged the "south-est"? lol...

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
So tempted , Looks real good fun. Doug , you shaved ya head. Any shorter and ya gunna end lookin like me.:birds:
Thanks for the pics. :D

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
So tempted , Looks real good fun. Doug , you shaved ya head. Any shorter and ya gunna end lookin like me.:birds:
Thanks for the pics. :D
End up looking like a Brit? No thanks!
If you notice I cut my hair, but didn't bother to shave.... because I just didn't give a shit about shaving.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts