1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'd love to but I think that will still be too soon after my surgery

·
Registered
377 Posts
I might be able to meet you there. Getting my quad ready now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is this trip still a go?
I still have ice and snow were I live.
Is everyone going to ride in the frozen sand?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as far as my crew is concerned yes its still on.. as long as its not snowing or raining im gonna ride! I was born and raised in northern indiana.. lake effect snow ... the cold doesnt bother me. I will watch the weather and prolly make the final call on wednesday...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds good. Chuck and I are ready to go. We both ride in the snow too. Just let us know either way.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
hey fellow michiganders and any of you indy boys not to steal your thread but rather advertise for the following weekend. if any of you wanna get in trouble with the wives for spending too much time away from home and way too much money from the checking/savings account, theres a thread here a for haspin indiana ride. its on the 8th if any of you are interested jump on board!!! its a bit of a drive i wont lie, five hours for me and im in the lansing area. its worth it tho for me and my crew great place to ride and make some memories. come on boys ride red!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the invite but I cant swing it right now. Im goin to SL on the 2nd and im taking my nephew and a group of young riders to badlands on the the 4th... I dont think I could pull another big ride together that quick! I really wana go there tho.. Ive never been there. I the weather keeps me from silver lake then theres a good chance I will be there! Where do you ride in MI? We do Silver lake and i run the manistee national forest near baldwin.MI. That wouldnt be far for you.. Im in elkhart IN.. im only a mile from the MI line. If I cant make this trip then definately count me in on the next one!

·
Registered
377 Posts
It would be cool to hook up and go riding but I have to work the second weekend in April. The one weekend a month thing. Lets plan for a future ride.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
bummer your both out as of now but im sure we will all get a chance to meet up in person sometime this summer, all these xx's in such close proximity its inevitable that we will eventually cross trails, id like to meet up with some more xx guys since no one else in my crew has a xx and it gets lonley at times always being so far in the lead ;-) lol. i mostly ride private land yuseall4? i got 20 acres father in laws got 20 couple friends have a little here and there. we got up to west branch area and ride, gladwin my father in laws got a 40 acre plot, up in atlanta a friend of mine has a little land but it butts right up to state land we can access. so yeah pretty much private places. thats why we dont mind driving so far away its good to get out to a new spot and challenge man and machine. but anyway you guys keep me posted hope to meet up with you and do some ridein soon, till then ride red!!!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
The weather report for 2 April 2011 at Silver Lake Dunes is cloudy, 30% rain and snow showers and 39 degrees. I hope we get a heat wave in the next couple of days!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you guys want to put the trip off till next month or something... we can do that. I already had half of my group cancel out...Im prolly still gna go either way but if ya'll wana do another trip when the weather is better we can plan it! It is more fun when the weather is nicer but Im just wanting to do an early trip..

·
Registered
377 Posts
I will wait to here from Chuck before I cancel. Sierra Sands Hotel is booked full for the weekend so you know there will be some people there. I am itching to ride. My quad is all set and I just need to pack up some warm clothes. I am looking to go to St. Helen, MI on 16 April also.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
st helen aye whats up there?state land or private or a park? idk can you desrcibe it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just came back from Silver Lake dunes and what an amazing trip.

There were a lot of people there but it was not over crowed. Big trucks, dune buggy's, dirt bikes, quads. It was something just to sit and watch the variety of people and their toys. Some had cheap junky beat up stuff and others had $100,000 buggies. Lots of female riders on quads, trucks and jeeps. Some trucks were loaded with 5 people for the ride.

The hills were steep going up and down for the experienced rider and there were smaller ones for the beginners. A drag strip at the back of the dunes were any one can race anything. It took me some practice to get the hang of things and know my way around.

Yuseall4 came up with some friends and showed crwh45 and I around the place and we had a blast. If you ever get a chance to ride with him, do it. He can fix anything that goes wrong with your quad or bike. He is a great family man and enjoys teaching others the art of riding. My cheap flag broke off and he took his off of his truck so I did not have to buy another and could keep on riding. Tell me how nice is that. He even made sure that we did not get stuck in the sand or left behind.

I did have one crash right in to his second quad that his buddy was riding. It bent the flag mount, broke the tool carrier and the tail light. I bent my front bumper. Nobody was hurt thankfully and we all were able to keep on riding. Yuseall4 was very nice about the damage I did to his quad and shrugged it off like it was part of the game.

I got to Silver Lake in luxury from crwh45’s big Ford truck. I never had to worry about food or drinks with him. He carries a variety of stuff when he travels and plenty for everyone.

Just outside of Silver Lake was a couple of part shops to get anything you might need to get fixed, replace or add to your toy. It was also a great place to get a flag. From $15-30 depending on what you were going to use it for. There was also a $10 fee for anything going on the sand.

Everyone was so friendly and helpful at the park. It was a great way to meet people, ask questions and learn about sand riding.

Silver Lake exceeded my expectations. It was bigger and more eventful than I expected. I can’t wait to go back and I know that I will be riding with this group more in the future.

This is Casey. One of the hotties I met while riding.

Some of us in the group.

The spectators waiting for a drag race.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts