Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few of us went to Silver Lake last weekend and here are the results. Hope you enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
That is a sweet ass video buddy. My favorite part is around 1:30 when you are following the other guy and you see him jump and then you do. Who's XX is at the end at 2:47, the last still picture of the quad jumping? Just curious b/c it looks like he has some aftermarket rims, almost like ITP SS's but all chrome. Maybe just the way the sun is hitting it. And I love that black dot the sun makes, I was using Nikki's in TN and had the same thing.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is Valk. He is on this site as well but doesnt post often. They are ITP but not SS. He said something about them not making them anymore. They are aluminum but not chromed. I think they were the Baja wheels or something like that. Glad you liked it

·
Registered
369 Posts
that looks like so much fun to ride the dunes to bad the closest dunes are like 20 hours from me

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Awesome! I have always wanted to make the trip up there, and your video makes me really want to go now.

How much riding is there, 1 day or more?

·
Registered
21 Posts
very nice video , never been to dunes anywhere . Have get out to some sand next summer for sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice job on the video. We were just there and it makes me want to go back. I love seeing the sand fly when I turned. Now I need to get a camera mount so you can star in your own vid.

crwh45 I have ITP c-series rims (C6 I think) the fronts are 10" for a 450, The rears are 12" with ITP sand stars.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was definately a good time. Pleanty to keep you busy. The cool thing is that the first day it was completely dry and the 2nd day that I didn't video, it rained so it was completely different riding. We even took my buddy's jacked up truck out there for a bit!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Crash21,
The video was great! Really liked the extremely sharp images Some I've seen in other videos are hard to make out. The "crowning" touch for the video were the stills at the end. Stop action was right on. My thanks.:tup:
Sid

·
Registered
157 Posts
nice video man! Looks like a blast and video quality is great. What camera did you use? Im looking into getting one soon.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used the gopro wide standard definition. I wish I could have afforded the HD version but I am extremely happy with this one. My only suggestion is use the recommended batteries. It makes a difference believe it or not

·
Registered
258 Posts
nice vid man, it made me definatly decide to put my 700 on a truck send it 2500km and go to lanclin in western australia fo new years

After seeing the quality of that vid i think im going to have to get me one of those gopro cameras, where/ how did you have it mounted it almost loooks like its on your goggle strap

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Helmet mount. The mount is right below the strap and the camera sits about even with it. You need to am it up a bit as when you ride u usually look down some. Almost even with your visor. And I needed to have it aimed to the right just a bit more to get less helmet in there

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The mounts come with the motorsports version

1 - 20 of 31 Posts