Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like all of us i like and strive to improov on my own riding technique ( if thats spelled right ) and when i ride with others i also observe how they "attack" a hill climb or a burm or what ever it may be.

but somthing that i cannot figure out is when to sit or stand when going acrost certin hills or wash outs or woops.

i can think of a peticular road i ride it has a vary deep dip about 7" or so deep that goes all the way acrost the road and is about 2 feet wide...

when i hit this i stand up and the quad dives down in it so hard when it comes back up the wheels leave the ground about an inch or so.... should i sit or stand ? i stand and it feels right but ????

another section i can think of is when i go up this " no winter maintaince" hill their is a huge wash out with a series of " rippling bumps that stretch acrost the road and their is a huge rock it sticks out of the ground 6 inches and is about 15" wide..... i sit when i hit this cause their is a sharp curve after it and i roost threw the curve

when are the proper times to sit and stand ? i see gncc racers almost always sitting down

iam pretty confused over this

· Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm no racer but I NEVER ride sittin down, always in "ATTACK POSITION" no matter the speed or terrian. If was comin over the obstacle that u described I would lean back a bit and PIN it to lift the front wheels and let the back ones go in and soak it up!

your talking about that big dip ?...... hmm never though of that but i could try it tomarrow

· Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm....... thats all intresting........ i guess its a " you have to know when to hold em and know when to fold em" which means i need to get more experiance ( only been riding a total of 4 months since my last quad 5 years or so agao

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.