Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skat~Trak Hauler ATV Tire 20x10x10 (8 paddle)
4/144 ITP .190 T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished

I had them mounted and setup by Rocky Mountain ATV, I went and picked them up for $350.88 out the door. So far well worth it, both Rocky Mountain ATV and the Tires. I'm now a SKAT Trak or go home guy lol.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of these trips I'll have to go talk to the manager down there and see if he would give our group a discount or something. They are great to work with. I wish everybody was as nice and caring about their customers. They are basically a drop ship warehouse anyways, when you walk in the front door they have the conveyors like you see at UPS facility and they are boxin stuff up like crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
im running almost the same set up and there great. i went with 22x11x10 7 paddle. wanted more slip around tight corners so i went with the 7 paddle. and 21x7x10 in the front. these are the best sand tire out there!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much difference to do you notice with the front sand tires? I opted not to get them yet but I want to know if they really make that big of a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
wouldnt say its a huge difference they just glide and turn better nad dont throw sand back at you. and they look good.lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, meh, I can handle some sand and crappy turning for another year...

I also do a lot of trail riding so it's easier not to have to swap tire sets.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
yeah its not that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
When I used to ride at Little Sahara, always kept my stock tires in the front and used Skat Trak in the rear. Just put a little more air pressure in the front so they can glyde over the sand.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
DON'T TRY TO SKIM WITH SAND TIRES IN THE FRONT.
YOU WILL FAIL.
really??? i was gonna try it next time out at the dunes.:steamed:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
interesting maybe ill hold off maybe.lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW, Just WOW. I got home from the dunes a couple of hours ago... awesome, not a single hill I couldn't climb out there. I roasted a Raptor 700r (stock with paddles) just like my 700xx... good times.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Just bring your stockers and run them with low pressure.
Low Pressure> I always put more air pressure so they could basically float over the sand instead of digging into the sand but I guess we are all different, lol!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm running 4lbs in my front tires right now... I wonder if I should air them up more now that I have paddles on the back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I notice if I just let my back tires down to 2 pounds they grab really good.. I am buying Scat Trak 22x11x10 is this a good idea or should I go with an 8

1 - 20 of 21 Posts