Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What skid plate thickness do you recommend for trail riding with the occasional large rocks? .125, .160, or .190. I was thinking of purchasing PRM brand.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i ride trails all the time i went with the prms as well and i went with .190 to be safe and let me tell you the are great. now with this being said mounting was rough do to the fact that when i put them on they had a real bad rattle so i took them off and put rubber under the whole frame. noise gone but you might need to get some longer bolts.. all in all good buy saved my frame many times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like to have as much protection as possible.

·
Registered
667 Posts
we run the DG baja plate, very easy to install, took an ass whoopin at Parker, came thru with flying colors. PRM makes great stuff also, i would not hesitate to run one either. they all will rattle, i just deal with it but the rubber is a good idea

·
Registered
667 Posts
Safety First

I also wear a condom when I ride to be extra safe! lmfao

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I also use the DG Baja skid plate and it has worked very well. As for the condom... not! I live dangerously.

roadkill

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just wear the Ribbed ones inside out for MY PLEASURE!!!! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.