Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just curious if a slip on is ok to get, or should I go with a full exhaust? I just don't want to waste my money getting a slip-on if it really doesn't do much as far as adding power, only better sound. I am looking at the HMF sport series pipe. All feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:) I was also looking at the HMF optimizer as well. Let me know your thoughts on this please.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You do get a little more performance out of a full system. But depending on your budget, that little bit extra may not be worth it. If I was you I would NOT get the HMF Optimizer. Spend a little extra and get the Power Commander 5. Much better fuel management and will automatically adjust fuel when you increase air flow.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Balling Option: Full Exhaust, PowerCommander V, Velocity Filter

Baller Option: Full Exhaust, PowerCommander & AirFilter

Best Option: Full Exhaust & PowerCommander

Better Option: Full Exhaust & Optimizer

Broke Option: Slip-on and PowerCommander

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Guys I am kind of lost with this question. I don't see a huge price difference between the 2, but Is there a huge difference between the PC 3 and PC 5.

Thanks in Advance,
CJ

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, The PCV can be used with an AutoTune Module and mapping is a bit more detailed. The PCIII is fine if you don't intend on using the AutoTune Feature

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah agree with smooth1, but if you are buying the PC new then get the PC5 since they cost exactly the same. The only thing I dont agree with him is on the Velocity filter, get the Pro Design kit with K&N if you dont ride in extremely dusty conditions, if you do look for foam Pro design. Oh, and get a full system, with the slipon the gain will be minimal and it is mostly sound.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks. I thought the pc5 needed another product added to it which brings the total cost to around 600. SO the only big difference is that the pc5 has a auto-tune and the PC3 would need to load 1 map at a time. Is this correct?
So if you have PC5 it would auto-tune for the condition you are riding in? Where as the PC3 you would need to load a separate map? I thought the tuning was based off of the aftermarket products you may have on the bike and not the condition of the riding area, or am I way off?

I just bought the UNI foam air filter, because I ride in coal dust a lot and didn't want any issue's.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Thanks. I thought the pc5 needed another product added to it which brings the total cost to around 600. SO the only big difference is that the pc5 has a auto-tune and the PC3 would need to load 1 map at a time. Is this correct?
So if you have PC5 it would auto-tune for the condition you are riding in? Where as the PC3 you would need to load a separate map? I thought the tuning was based off of the aftermarket products you may have on the bike and not the condition of the riding area, or am I way off?

I just bought the UNI foam air filter, because I ride in coal dust a lot and didn't want any issue's.
The PC5 can be used stand alone, One of the other members has an actual dyno'd map for it also which is a plus. Even if you use purchase the Autotune Module you would want to use a map for a quicker tune.
Tuning is based off of performance alone, not riding conditions. (excl. High Altitudes)
The uni is fine with me also, I just recommend the Velocity if you need maximum breathing capabilities.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wonderful, so the only diff is the pc5 will auto tune off that map you have installed where as the PC3 will just use that map.

Thanks for all the great info

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Balling Option: Full Exhaust, PowerCommander V, Velocity Filter

Baller Option: Full Exhaust, PowerCommander & AirFilter

Best Option: Full Exhaust & PowerCommander

Better Option: Full Exhaust & Optimizer

Broke Option: Slip-on and PowerCommander
Bill gates option: Full exhaust, Power commander 5, Auto-tune, and Velocity filter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts