Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 700xx a couple of week ago and now am going to put a
FMF slip-on on it.My question is will I have to do a programmer if all i want is the sound?:confused: The bike already has plenty of power for where i ride.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
With just a slip on u should be fine but i would still recomend a programmer later down the road it just helps your bike run better.

(oh and there is no such thing as TO MUCH POWER)lol

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would recommend a programmer for even a stock machine to compensate for the already lean condition from the factory. It was the first real mod that I did to my motor to eliminate that "pop" and stall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With just a slip on u should be fine but i would still recomend a programmer later down the road it just helps your bike run better.

(oh and there is no such thing as TO MUCH POWER)lol
Thanks for the quick response man...i agree on the to much power,just right now i don't have enough wallet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best programmer for the money?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
would recomend the PCIII its just has a bit better setting options. but i paid 225 from rocky mt for my fmf and it works great too

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No i know they have dynos for motorcycles, just curious as to what a quad dyno would look like because i would think a car dyno's rollers would be too far apart and a moto dyno has only one roller?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I've only seen car dyno's with one drum. They have other dyno's that actually hook to the hubs but I've never seen a dyno with two actual separate drums. I quad dyno is a single drum that is lighter due to not having to register more than a few hundred HP max.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ah. The only dyno i have seen was two separate drums. So its just a single wider drum? Thats pretty cool is there a database of quad dynos in the US i'm curious to see if there's one around here

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
PowerCommander has a list but there are more than that. Check there first then call around if none are in your area. Some large ATV dealers have them or can tell you where one is.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
mine was also done on a two roller atv dyno done by LTP performance the gonly deal in quads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.