Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in power gains between a slip on and a full exhaust? is it very noticable? Right now i have an uni air filter, alba programmer and a two brothers slip on. I'm debating on selling my slip on to my friend and buying a full barkers exhaust but i'm only gonna do that if you can really feel the difference in performance. I really like the way my two brothers sounds but i'm really wanting more power. whats yalls opinion?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I would think the header is where you would see the most gains. The barker header is bigger than stock plus it's made from t-304 stainless steel. So it's not gonna look rusty like the stocker. The new heat shield is awesome too. I got the barker exhaust and I love it. Sounds awesome, looks awesome and fit perfect! If you got the cash get it!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
i reccomend the barkers but as for major power gains you will not notice it. the barkers will give you a little more power because your letting the engine exhale better. however i dont believe its drastically different. the barkers exhaust is one of the best sounding exhausts out there. if you can spare the cash get it. otherwise put your money elsewhere like shocks or nerfs.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
i dont know for sure but i have read 5-8% with a slip on and programer and 10-15% with a full and programmer. i just dont believe that you would be able to notice it.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
garret where are you in louisiana???? if your close to me in slidell ill let you take mine for a spin and you can decide for your self. i plan on doing some riding when i get back from this hot desert in nevada. let me know and ill let you try it out. I run the barkers full with a power commander a volocity intake and a 13 tooth. if that is comparible to what you have i wouldnt mind you checking it out before you blow 500.00

·
Registered
755 Posts
Two brothers dyno shows 43.1hp and barkers dyno shows 48.57hp. Stock is 40ish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
one thing i was woundering on top of the slip-on vs full exaust is do you have to install a fuel programmer if the exaust is changed or is it optional?

·
Registered
755 Posts
one thing i was woundering on top of the slip-on vs full exaust is do you have to install a fuel programmer if the exaust is changed or is it optional?
You need a programmer for slip on and full exhaust.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I remember seeing one dyno comparison of slip-on vs full exhaust. The guy had a filter and computer for both dyno's.

Slip-on, good increase in top end with crappy bottom end and mid range increase. Full exhaust showed good improvement through the whole rev-range with good over-rev and a really fat mid-range.

Sorry, can't remember where I saw it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
a slip on will give 2-3 hp full system 8-10.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
garret where are you in louisiana???? if your close to me in slidell ill let you take mine for a spin and you can decide for your self. i plan on doing some riding when i get back from this hot desert in nevada. let me know and ill let you try it out. I run the barkers full with a power commander a volocity intake and a 13 tooth. if that is comparible to what you have i wouldnt mind you checking it out before you blow 500.00
I live in glenmora. I might could drive down there one day soon. I'll pm you when I'm able to come. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
a slip on will give 2-3 hp full system 8-10.....
That would be my semi-educated guess. Plus 5 hp from a header. My quad is a lot more powerful with my exhaust, EHS airbox lid/UNI filter and EHS programmer.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
That would be my semi-educated guess. Plus 5 hp from a header. My quad is a lot more powerful with my exhaust, EHS airbox lid/UNI filter and EHS programmer.

yeah a header is the real power maker in the big3. a slip on is mostly fo show and sound. ive seen dynos where a slip on ony gabe it 1.5 more hp and u get a bigger increase just by removing ur airfilter cap. and a header will save ur valves a lil by less back pressure there for low egt....

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I live in glenmora. I might could drive down there one day soon. I'll pm you when I'm able to come. Thanks. :)

just let me know. i dont get back from nevada till sunday. the weekend after that we are going to wiggins to ride. you are more than welcome to join. if not you can just drop by and take it for a spin. i done mind at all.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
LOL any time no just kidding that is my buddies. he has a lot of work done but i am trying to catch him. i need to change my avatar.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Keep in mind that you would need a programmer to get an increase, simply adding a full exhaust will hurt you more than help you.

Also, I believe that an 18% increase in HP with a simple programmer and exhaust is a bit extreme and that in order to get those numbers you would have to do something to the head be it a cam or porting.
well saying that the xx make about 40hp stock a 20% increase is 8hp so big 3 is a 20% increase just llok at the alba dyno sheets they say that 39 is stock an 48 is with the big 3 thats a 23% increase....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts