Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to get a exhaust for the xx and was wondering what to do as far as a slip on or full exhaust. of course i want it louder and to sound good, but for almost $200 less is the full exhaust really that much better and how much does it change?

thanks for the insight

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, you will get most of your power from the header, so go the full system if your serious about it. Loud, you can not go past the HMF Bill Ballance system it borders on rude, but there are other good systems out there all making around the same power. Barker, HMF, Sonic, FMF, Two Bros, DG, Lexx shit the list just goes on.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
what do you want it to do? do you just want the sound, or do you want the performance? and yes, it does matter!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the main thing is keeping the wife happy (this is for her xx), she told me for her birthday she wants it to be loud and not sound bad. performance is never a compaint but my main thing was if i'm only get 1 more hp over a slip on (dyno sheet i saw somewhere on here), i was going to save $200 and use that money for my controller. but if it really is a noticeable difference i'll probably just go full.. i was looking at a HMF competition, and don't really like the oval look of the barkers but i've heard a lot of good about it

·
Registered
151 Posts
i put the 3d tip and uni filter on mine sounds cooler and seems to give some more power and doesnt need a controller i think if you do a header or slip on its required to use a controller

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
well the main thing is keeping the wife happy (this is for her xx), she told me for her birthday she wants it to be loud and not sound bad. performance is never a compaint but my main thing was if i'm only get 1 more hp over a slip on (dyno sheet i saw somewhere on here), i was going to save $200 and use that money for my controller. but if it really is a noticeable difference i'll probably just go full.. i was looking at a HMF competition, and don't really like the oval look of the barkers but i've heard a lot of good about it
If you just want the sound for the most part get a slip on. A full system will give you about 4HP more than a slip on but you will need a controller for a full system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i decided to do it right but dont have quite enough money to do it all right now so i got the ehs controller and box ordered. when i get more money ill get the exhaust. thanks for the input guys

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
i put the 3d tip and uni filter on mine sounds cooler and seems to give some more power and doesnt need a controller i think if you do a header or slip on its required to use a controller
Where did you get you 3d exhaust tip at? And do you have any sound bytes?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the powerbomb and FMF factory 4.1. It adds kick ass power. Maybe more than you need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the insight guys.. i got just about everything done, up to the exhaust. now just waiting on some money then i'll finish her out with the exhaust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
catalytic converter cost
I live in las Angeles California and the smog requirements here are ridiculous. I guess its just the price you pay to live in paradise. So I went to get an engine code read at the dealer ship the other day and they told me my catalytic converter was bad. They had the never to tell me that it would cost $1129 to have another swapped out. I thought they were crazy and figured Id buy one off of eBay and put it on myself.I waited till I got to work the next. hey you would prefer to be paid to surf the web too right? As I started searching I noticed every cat I could find that was suppose to fit my car said not California compliant. I was at least learning that there were 4 major brands of aftermarket cats they were catco, eastern, magnaflow, and walker exhaust. I was even able to source a few part number for California complaint converters from each of the manufacturers.However no one would sell me one because it was illegal. What I found out was that my state actually had cats made specifically for it and had recently (1-1-2009) outlawed all of them while passing a further restrictive smog law. So all they cats are being sold on the web to fit ca are actually bad. I tried to call most manufacturers but no one would help me until I called all exhaust. They explained to me in detail everything I needed to know and helped me get the correct universal California magnfalow catalytic converter.I had it welded on for $50 by a local muffler shop and I passed my emissions testing with flying colors.For more information, I'd definitely recommend researching All Exhaust and if your live in california the California Catalytic Converter.
I had the same problem I just had it shipped to a friend in vegas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts