Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, well me and my bro bought 700's a year ago, and his got stolen 3 months after we bought them, and it took a month but we got it back, ok just recently when he is riding i started seeing blue white smoke when he accelarated,, any tips on what may be causing the smoke would be very helpful,,,,,,thx guys:thanks:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Blue smoke is burning oil. Probably has internal engine damage letting oil get into the cylinder.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
1; over oiled air filter

2;oil ring.... just get a 11;1 piston, and a pcIII

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx bro:tup: i wonder how expensive would be to fix it :confused:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
call cp or winsco. u could get a 10;1 so u dont need a pcII.. and u can change the piston ur self... ive chaned a yfz450 pistons a few times... im 16

or u could just get a oem piston..

id say 200$ ish

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Check your oil tank level first, make sure it isnt over full. Check to see how wet/oiled your air filter is. But chances are you did internal damage. if that is the case, it is hard to tell you how much it would cost. It could just be your rings, or it could be the cylinder wall. Anyway, I think you will find that aftermarket pistons and rings will be cheaper than OEM. It isn't hard to change out, but on this machine it is a beotch getting the head off in the frame. You could try and maybe get an O-scope done where they check it internally via the spark plug, but they can't see a whole lot there. If you can't do it, I probably would try to take it to a ATV repair shop that isn't Honda, that way you would pay less for their work, and be able to put in it whatever you want. While that is off though, you should check your valves and guides (as it could possibly be a bad valve guide) and could replace the valves depending on how gunked up those ones are. I think when I priced it out for this, stock OEM piston and wrings were $325, which is one reason I went w/ the big bore kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts