Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, mine startd smokn the other day, pretty bad, guess the rings are gone or something! Gonna take it to dealer, see if can be fixed under warranty! Hopefully!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
How many hours do you have on the engine what upgrades have you done to the bike. That's weird!! How bad is it smoking?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
coolkev25,
Before getting carried away with expensive teardown and repair make sure the oil level is not too high. If there is oil in the air box you may just have an overfilled oil reservoir. After a decent warm-up the level should be between the two marks on the dip stick. At the top of the stick is OK also. (Note: After an oil change with filter it takes about 2 quarts, + or - a small amount)
Additionally, if you have changed the oil/filter yourself please verify that the filter is in correctly (i.e. Label on Honda filters) (PN# 15410-KFO-315). It has two notation stamped on the same side. The filter markings are: "Out-Side" and "Toward Filter Cover". Another way to check is that the rubber seal is also on that side.
Let us know what you find out.

Sid

·
Registered
38 Posts
did you ever findout anything about this? i have had a problem with mine using oil. and smoking, iv only had it a month, i guess its going back tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
2bad240,
Please read my post above. On a new machine there is always an issue with the dealership overfilling the oil tank. On a dry-sump machine it is tough getting the level correct.:confused:
Sid

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I would bring the bike in, mine does not smoke. What kind of oil are you using?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I have changed the oil myself. And now it uses oil. And smokes bad. I'm kinda ill noW
You know the proper way to install the oil filter?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea the filter is in right. I pulled it today to double check. It pours smoke out just idling. So imma drop it at the dealership in the morning.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ouch, let us know the outcome. Your screen name doesn't have anything to do with the nissan 240 does it?

yea il let yall know what the outcome is. yea i used to have a bunch of 240s and work on them and do swaps for people. the s/n was kinda a joke cause of a guys licenses plate at the local dragstrip, he had a gmc trucka and his plate said gmc2bad, so i joked around that i was gonna get one that said 2bad240, and thats been my s/n ever since

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
yea il let yall know what the outcome is. yea i used to have a bunch of 240s and work on them and do swaps for people. the s/n was kinda a joke cause of a guys licenses plate at the local dragstrip, he had a gmc trucka and his plate said gmc2bad, so i joked around that i was gonna get one that said 2bad240, and thats been my s/n ever since
Sorry for going off topic but have you ever heard of Ivan from AMS? He has a 9 second 240. I did all the 240 fabrication for AMS and built Ivan's set up. Ivan put down 715whp, pretty sweet car!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry for going off topic but have you ever heard of Ivan from AMS? He has a 9 second 240. I did all the 240 fabrication for AMS and built Ivan's set up. Ivan put down 715whp, pretty sweet car!

sweet, i would have loved that. i build my sr i made about 400 with a 2871r on mine, but then i have a custom turbo setup and and put a hx35 off a cummins diesel on it. that was pretty awesome. i now have the same setup on my wrx. i just never work on it anymore since its started to warm up and we have been going riding every weekend.

i guess if the warranty doesnt cover the 700 it will be getting a rebuild at my shop and maybe some kind of custom turbo kit involving the stock tdo4 off the wrx. i dont know though nothing is set in stone.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
sweet, i would have loved that. i build my sr i made about 400 with a 2871r on mine, but then i have a custom turbo setup and and put a hx35 off a cummins diesel on it. that was pretty awesome. i now have the same setup on my wrx. i just never work on it anymore since its started to warm up and we have been going riding every weekend.

i guess if the warranty doesnt cover the 700 it will be getting a rebuild at my shop and maybe some kind of custom turbo kit involving the stock tdo4 off the wrx. i dont know though nothing is set in stone.
Haha, that would be crazy!

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that the airbox boot come off and your suckin in sand/dirt which ate the rings up so fast causing it to burn oil and smoke. Maybe you gotta lemon either way it sucks sry man.
If honda doesnt pay for it then its time for the BIG BORE . LOL

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah filter in rite! Been using honda filter and oil! Its been at lakehill motors for a week now! Dealership n corinth,ms! He said if it had dirt ingestion, warranty does not cover it! So I might b lookn for parts to fix it myself! And ask for refund on 4yr waranty! Lol! So who makes a piston for! Haven't found any, in any books yet! Rm or dk! If any have info for parts for xx, [email protected]! Mite stroke it, cam it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah filter in rite! Been using honda filter and oil! Its been at lakehill motors for a week now! Dealership n corinth,ms! He said if it had dirt ingestion, warranty does not cover it! So I might b lookn for parts to fix it myself! And ask for refund on 4yr waranty! Lol! So who makes a piston for! Haven't found any, in any books yet! Rm or dk! If any have info for parts for xx, [email protected]! Mite stroke it, cam it!
Lakehill is where I bought my Wolverine about a month ago. Good dealer. If you have to resort to it, tell Kirk that you were directed there through a customer on a big forum who bought a Wolverine recently. I know it's low, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and it's not lying or cheating so...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts