Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebay...$39.00 free shipping.
I bought them oversize and trimmed it down to the right fit.
Inside loop is larger than outside loop so it clears the arms.
Totally tested and big difference!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
They look nice but I would be afraid that they would come apart and damage my shafts or other parts.

Bet you have some great tractions :yay:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I see a broken ankle in your future. I thought about chains myself, but i took a look at the fenders(all beat up) on my cub cadet and decided against it. Hope it works out for you, but take my advice, the second you hear them smacking your heel guard STOP!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warning!
I will keep an eye on it at every opportunity.
They are nice and tight though.
And yes, the traction is by far, much better.
Broken ankle, maybe, but I do ride with Alpinestar Tech 3 boots, wouldn't ride without 'em. That should ease the pain a bit if I get sucked into the augers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you!
It took me three days (part time) to fit the one side.
Cutting hardened chain links, bending connectors so they hug the contours of the tire edge. Then, it took only 1 hour to do the other side, once I got the pattern.
Here's a pic of my first quad I sold about 17 years ago, the guy still has it. Just took the pic a few weeks ago.
His chains are a lot looser than mine but still intact.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Airrider, I would get a different set of tires like some rzrs or something so you dont need chains, LOL, but coming from somewhere that we use chains all the time, Ilike the set up you have, but on the inside of the wheels, I would try to bungie them together a little bit, maybe two per wheel or something. I found that helps a lot, obviously you cant criss cross them due to the axle, but that would help them stay on better. I found that has worked in personal experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm going to look into that, thanks.
I'll probably buy another set of tire/rim (ITP 10" w/Holeshot somethings) for the other three seasons. But for now, I can out traction the other riders with deep tires. During that last snow flurry (24") I stayed right behind the 4wd quads while the other 2wd's had to bail.
Of course, the extra ground clearance helped a lot! :birds::birds::birds:
Greenwood lake was excellent during that recent 10 degree stretch.
You gotta hear them when I spin up the ice flows, very cool tone as you grind down the ice!

·
Registered
538 Posts
i had a 250x myself, a 1992 model until it was stolen...to the assholes who stole it --->:birds:

those are great bikes, gotta love that kick start slapping back on the shin :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts