Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting line pic

Will post more later.

Didnt do how I would have liked, but had a blast, and finished the race in the afternoon/pro race Vet B.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks very nice! How was the track?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL... I think a lot of it fell off, that Thor Ride stuff is pretty nice, waterproof and all. That and there just isnt as many bottlenecks either in the PM race, so you're not getting roosted on nearly as bad.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Nice pics looked like alot of fun.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
OMF beadlocks, worth every $$ when you can change 2 tires in 30 min.
what do you mean change 2 tires in 30 min is that taking the tire off rim and putting different tire on the same rim? do the beadlocks make it easier to change the tire? ive never owned any beadlocks thats why im asking. i know bead locks are stronger and keep tire from coming off bead when flat but didnt know it speeded up tire changes.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes, that is breaking the bead. You never have to take the rim off atv. But you either need to be fast with a wrench, or have a battery operated impact.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About your a-arms how wide are they and how do you like them?
Arms are houser racing +.75"

I love them, made a huge improvement on the front end handling. Precision steering stab. also was a great addition. Wont ride another quad without one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what do you mean change 2 tires in 30 min is that taking the tire off rim and putting different tire on the same rim? do the beadlocks make it easier to change the tire? ive never owned any beadlocks thats why im asking. i know bead locks are stronger and keep tire from coming off bead when flat but didnt know it speeded up tire changes.
In 30 min, I can have two wheels with tires off the quad, remove the lock rings, break the beads on both tires, lube new tires, stick them on the wheel, install the lock ring, torque the lock ring bolts, blow them up to seat the bead and stick them back on the quad aired up and ready to ride.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, that is breaking the bead. You never have to take the rim off atv. But you either need to be fast with a wrench, or have a battery operated impact.
How are you breaking the bead with the wheel still on the quad???

I either have the wife stand on the wheel while I ride up a 6' long 4x4 with the front tire of the truck OR put it in the hyd press, its actually quicker to do it with the 4x4 and truck than the press.

·
Registered
821 Posts
A bead breaker, one arm goes on the lip on one side of rim, another arm pulls against it while pushing wheel off of bead. I had to modify it so he could use it while rim was on atv,
Pretty much just bent a piece of flat steel and bent it so it goes on one side of the axle. I could have the back bead broke loose before he had the bead lock off. Never timed it with on guy operating. I always did one tire while he was doing the other. Just google atv bead breaker, there are about 4 styles. A flat pry bar also works in a pinch.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup...

The wife enjoying her first 4oz of wine allowance while pregnant...

We got there a little early...

Biggest microwave telescope in the world I think it said...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts