Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured it would be helpful for us to have a list of things to bring when we go riding. I'm the kind of person who can't stand not having something to fix a broken item when it took me an hour and a half to load and an hour and twenty minutes to get there. I'd rather fix it there if I can than head home and cut my day short.

Anyway here's a list of basic items that I like to bring that varies according to the type of riding I'll be doing and the distance from my house I'll be with the quad. Some of these are out of order and not listed in order of importance.
  1. Keys - Nothing sucks more than getting to your riding spot and not having the keys to your quad with you. My quad came with two keys and I keep them in two separate locations with the other things I always bring with me.
  2. Helmet and rider protection items - duh.
  3. Gas can with gas in it - After every ride I dump the contents of my gas can into my hauler and fill it back up when I'm gassing it up for my next ride. This way I know with reasonable certainty that the gas I'm putting in my quad is good. I always store my gas can in my garage and out of the weather.
  4. Tools - I try to cover as many scenarios that don't require tearing the engine down. In my toolbox I bring metric wrenches and metric allen wrenches, metric sockets, different length drives and ratchets, glue/rtv, engine oil, air filter oil, needle nose pliers[FONT=Verdana, Arial], *****, screw drivers of every size, WD40, adjustable wrenches, channel locks and dishwashing liquid for cleaning a dirty air filter.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Tire plugs - I was lucky to have brought these on my 3rd outting with my 700xx when I pinched the sidwall of my front tire.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Air pump or air tank - After a flat you can't just wish air into the tire...
    [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Extra front sprocket - These things are around $20 and if you've ever worn one out...good luck on finding one at your local dealer(s). I had a buddy with a 700r who was willing to drive 300 miles and couldn't find one. He now keeps three with him.
    [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Extra grips - wear one out ot tear it in a whipe out and you'll wish you had them.[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]oil filter - if you've ever swamped your four wheeler (I haven't with my 700XX) but I have a buddy who pond skims a LOT and as a result swamps his and get's oil in his crank case. He swears my a filter change and 7, yes S-E-V-E-N oil changes later the water is out of the oil.[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Oil - I bring a quart and a half. If I have leaked out more than that I've got bigger problems than not having enough oil. Plus EVERYWHERE has engine oil for sale.[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Drinks - It's awful hot during most of the year here in Texas and I even when I bring tons of this stuff I never drink enough and end up with heat exhaustion later in the evening.[/FONT]
  12. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Camel pack - sometimes it's a long, long way back to base. During the summer I freeze mine and it serves a dual purpose.[/FONT]
  13. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]zip lock baggies - I like to bring a camera and I don't want it wet or dirty.[/FONT]
  14. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Toilet paper. Yeah.
    [/FONT]
  15. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Baby wet wipes - great for wiping that dirt grin off of your face, also great for cleaning wounds.[/FONT]
  16. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]First aid kit.[/FONT]
  17. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Pain Killers - I bring Tylenol or something like it that won't effect me while riding, but like, I'm old so I take a few before I head out to nip it in the bud.[/FONT]
  18. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]Cell Phone - you never know when you might need to phone a friend.[/FONT]
  19. Proper clothing and sometimes extra clothing just in case of rain.(found that out the hard way this weekend)
  20. Tow strap - you never know when *someone else* is going to get stuck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
186 Posts
19. Proper clothing and sometimes extra clothing just in case of rain.(found that out the hard way this weekend)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Tow strap, if not for me, for someone else.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Dead bodies and a shovel

·
Registered
310 Posts
Spare lug nuts, an assortment of zip-ties for fixing your friends Suzuki and Can-am's

·
Registered
421 Posts
I always keep a rag with me to clean off my goggles and around the fuel cap, so when I refuel nothing happens to fall in.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Medical insurance cards, needed them the last time we went ridin in Dec. The wife flipped her machine over backwards, landed on her elbow and messed it up; no breaks luckly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
half dozen beer, just in case you break down and it's a long walk.
SOCKS... nothings worse than wet feet all day long.
mini shovel, either for digging out, building a berm, beating a cougar, etc.
hatchet/matches just in case your in it for the night.
gatorade.. a gatorade will save you in the heat a little better than water.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ID. And some cash.

Both for emergency purposes

·
Registered
537 Posts
Extra spark plug

·
Registered
734 Posts
+1 on the spark plug. Always bring zip ties, duct tape and a couple of fix-a-flat cans tied with zip ties to the chassis or nerfs. Some guys also take a link breaker and extra links (depends on your chain me thinks..)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Holy Payload Batman! Might need to trade in the XX for a utility with racks!:D

·
Registered
364 Posts
And where do you store all this "stuff" while you ride?

I usually have everything back at the base, but the only thing fitting in my tool box (on the bike) is a tire plug kit. I usually rely on a 4x4 for air.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts