Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having any issues with the rear brakes? Mine require ALOT of effort to get them to lock up, much less give any braking power. I've bled the system, no air, changed the pads, made sure I was getting full pedal (I've got PRM side bars and thought I might be hitting the floor of the bars. I am begining to think its a bad master cylinder. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you are still running the stock brake lines, check them to see if they are swelling when you push on the pedal. Mine havent done this yet, but my bikes have in the past. It may take 2 people, one on the quad and one looking real close at the lines. Good luck, keep us posted on what you find

·
Registered
537 Posts
Could be air and/or water in the line or the pads are shot. My 400ex was notorious for getting air/water in the rear brake line and eating pads like crazy. Haven't had any issues with the 700 yet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I dont have any fading issues or week rear brake, but every time I lock them up they make some loud clunking noise. Any experience the same?

·
Registered
537 Posts
That sound is most likely chain slap. It's not coming from the brakes. The suspension is making the locked tires bounce, causing the chain to slap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts