Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled out of my driveway on my way to work and noticed my mailbox sitting on the ground about 4 feet away from my post.... I got out of my car and picked it up and some kids have hit it with what looks to be an axe:steamed: Oh well.... not much i can do.. i got back in my car and headed to work... made it 50yards down the road and noticed my PARENTS mailbox was also smashed.... about that time a cop came rolling by and said everymailbox for about 10 miles down my road was trashed... they have no clue who did it. It was just a cheap mailbox and i have NO right to be mad about it... I was a kid not to long ago and did some things i'm not so proud of... LOL

ANYWAY... what i'm getting at is do any of you have any experence making your mailbox teenager proof???

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Pure old fashoned good ole american CONCRETE. if they hit that at 15 mph they wil think twice about the next 9 miles

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I had a boss a few years back that had this happen to him. So he bought a normal looking mailbox and reinforced the inside with heavier steel plate. He set a pipe in concrete and filled with concrete. He said he always wanted to wake up in the morning and see a shattered baseball bat laying next to it.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
My dad had this sweet mailbox that looked just like a JD 4000. So some kids did the same thing. Well he ended up getting a cast iron full on model that looks about the same, took 4 inch PVC and fillet it completely full of concrete and put this on top. Couple days went by and there was a nice little dent in it, but that was it, nothign ever since. So he put on an actual mail box after that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Don't get to wild with your plans, friend was sued when his was hit by a car and the car was stopped. I guess it's supposed to break if a car hits it???
4-6" steel pipe filled with concrete and steel reinforced mailbox about 2' in the ground in concrete if a car hits it won't stop it but if kids hit with bat it's still there
Yes it really has worked, before this homedepot one was destroyed twice

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
my grandpa built one out of steel and yes if it will not break off you can be held reliable

grandpas solution 8" steel pipe with a relief cut just below ground level with enough force it will snap off yeah it will do damage but at least you tried to minamize it

as for my thoughts buy two mail boxes one small one big cut the lid off the small one and concrete it in the big one looks like a regular box on the outside hurts like h3ll from the inside lmao

of course you do run the risk of it going through a winshield if hit by a car but you will teach any teen more in two seconds than any fed agent will

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
oh and on another note if you make it imposible to break or if the kid hits it be prepared for retaliation

my grandpa found his steel box was superglued shut one day lol not as bad as having to replace it but annoying nun the less

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
my mail box is on a 3'' pipe and the box is .5'' steel.... once this kid aka my ferinds ding don ditched my house and he got 40 frozen paint balls shot at him lol he couldent walk right for a month.... and i go to bed aroud 4;30 so im up if anything happens...

make urs out electric tape when they hit it with a axe they get zaped but it wont hurt them..

·
Registered
23 Posts
lol at least there are kids have an imagination

there is an old guy around where i live that made his out of bricks and cement i think it u do the same and reinforce it with rebar and a lot of cement at the base i gaurantee those kids wont knock it over

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
another good idea put a flash bang in the box if it gets hit hard it will go off it will blind the kid for a good 5 min is will make them death for 10 min it will wake u and ur nabors up and the kids after geting shot at will never come back.... flash bangs are louder as loud as a cannon.......

this is how ur night will be...
zzzzzzz...booooom ............. stupid fucker..weres my musel loader....pop...pop..pop..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have heard about the whole breakaway thing and my thoughts were weld a coil spring off a truck in line but still underground so it will lay over then bounce back up or tear the bottom of the car/truck all up... i dunno... this is only the 2nd mailbox in the 20 years i have lived on this road so honestly i'll proablly just buy another cheap one... lol If it gets to be a problem i'll set up a game camera and just catch the fuckers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
conrete. or a mailbox out of bricks they look good have strength and wont exactly stop a car(unless built to) lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts