Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you had to choose between the sway bar or a steering stabilizer, which one would you buy? I ride on rocky, rutted trails, and your hands and arms/shoulders take a beating.

Im thinking a Streering Stabilizer is what your needing...the sway is going to help with rotating on turns.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
We're talking two completely different things here. I was just saying if you could buy just one of the two, which one would you pick?

·
Registered
425 Posts
well i got the Sway first....Arm pump is annoying, but managable on the trail.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
steering stabilizer

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
What's funny is how in some other thread or a few pages back how I thought it wasn't necessary. Well after my last ride I had a really good time going through the woops at the top of 3rd and 4th. While it's a blast, after the 8th and 9th pass my arms felt like jello balloons.

On a side note I would come from one trail that intersected with another wide open and sideways in 2nd as I hit the 1st woop at a 30 degree angle.

Man, I LOVE IRS.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
445 Posts
The thing I found about steering stabilisers is that you dont really feel it when you first put it on. Your all rested and full of beans and just want to go for a ride. After a few hours you still feel good when you normally would be exhausted. You find yourself riding faster over rougher terrain and it makes riding so more pleasureable. But still you don't really feel the stabiliser - you just feel better than normal.

If you then ride a quad without a stabiliser or take yours back off you wonder how you ever lived without it. They really make that much of a difference.

Linc

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Precision Racing. They don't list the XX on their site, but they are making them. I emailed them to confirm it.

http://www.precision-rp.com/

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
$485.00 plus shipping. I think that is right on par with any other model. Elka is making them as well. You can get a good pair of Works shocks for just a little more. The G-Series are $555.00 for the front set. That is pre-load adjustable only with no rezzies.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I think that I'd go with front shocks instead. So now it's a question of sway bar, stabilizer, or shocks! Of course, you could buy a sway bar AND a stabilizer for what some shocks would cost you!

·
Registered
78 Posts
well i just ordered front and rear sway bars from sonic , i hope this solves the problem, i just bought my 700xx last week and can not stand the push...............does anybody else have front and rear installed?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I know of only a couple guys that have the rear, not sure about the front. look into a set of tires for the front, that seems to make a big difference as well from all those that have done it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ordering my front setup this week. The rear swaybar is awesome, so the front should be the last mod to do......yeah right!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just got both front and rear sonic bars delivered yesterday, going to wait to put on tho, i put on new rear wheels today ,itp holeshot HD 20x11-10,(4+3) wheels, fronts will be here in couple days(back order) 22x7-10 (2+3) wheels,want to see how quad runs with new tires , then put on sway bars .Want to make step by step evaluation ............what a sick stance she has now on rear,(almost 50 inches wide now) will post pics when fronts come in...........

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I just got both front and rear sonic bars delivered yesterday, going to wait to put on tho, i put on new rear wheels today ,itp holeshot HD 20x11-10,(4+3) wheels, fronts will be here in couple days(back order) 22x7-10 (2+3) wheels,want to see how quad runs with new tires , then put on sway bars .Want to make step by step evaluation ............what a sick stance she has now on rear,(almost 50 inches wide now) will post pics when fronts come in...........
20" tires/10" rim with that offset on the rear? Wow, I wouldn't even think that you could get them bolted up without hitting the rear a-arm against the inside of the wheel. Why are you going down to a 20? I bet it looks pretty sick with that width. What are you gonna do about your gearing?

21 - 40 of 84 Posts