Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there still a loaner set going around to test them out?
I sent out a set 3 months ago to trailin'me. He was to test them and if he liked them he was to buy them. If he did not like them he was to send them back so I could send them out to someone else. Unfortunately I have learned an important lesson that not all people are can be trusted because I have tried several times to contact him with no response and he no longer posts on this site. I am under the impression that he is having family problems but I'm out $960.00 of hard work at this point.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yea sorry andrew, if i cant get my a$$ in garage this week haha,i will putting mine on, so i can give some feedback on the front and rear swaybars

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I know that this post is 8 months after the fact, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I was wondering about the sway bars. I see on the site that is says under the installation section of this Sonic bars that you should grease them every 4-5 rides. 1. What are they constituting as a ride?, 2. How long does it take? and 3. Is it easy to do? I love doing maintenance on my stuff, I just dont think i would like the fact of having to do it every few rides. I mean if it is a simlpe hex nut to take out and slide the bar out to grease it, I am more than okay with that.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Excellent product so far. Does what it is supposed to very well. IRS still works great, much much less push, and alot better sliding.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Home made sway bar

Not to be competitive....

Here is a picture of a home made sway bar 3/4" 1018 using the stock bends and dimensions. It dramatically improves the ride quality of the XX. I am currently looking at a manufacturer to have these made at mass. I attached a picture of the one I currently have on the bike. I am also working on an "electronic disconnect" that will give the rider the option to have a stiff sway bar and no sway bar for really rough country... pictures to come. Ohh and for grins a plate mount that I fabbed up will be made in AL...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I tried to adapt the one off of my Rincon, close but wouldn't fit without hitting the shocks. It is actually about the same diameter as the one you made. I was going to try and fab one, but couldn't find any cheap(free) spring steel. Just decided to go ahead and get the Sonic. Amazing difference, I love it!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Kyle I would love to hear your prices once you get these things going. The sonics are just out of my range

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Kyle I would love to hear your prices once you get these things going. The sonics are just out of my range
The jury is still out... the shop I am getting quotes for is currently in the process of moving. He promised me something by the end of the day. From the little talk I have had its looking like and OEM type replacement bar (much stiffer does not adversely affect ride comfort) will be under $200.00 As soon as I get the prototype back I will start a thread to announce its results and any trial offers...

Thanks for your interest

Kyle

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ill try one and get some good feedback for it from some of my ferinds and me...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
As will I and for that price I would buy them as well if they worked

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Kyle, if you get one in the next 2 weeks, I can test it at Hatfield for a whole week! Hint hint hint....:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
THIS IS A VERY INTERESTING POST.....

MY QUESTION IS.......

WHY A COMPANY LIKE "MOTHER HONDA"....WOULD NOT HAVE ALL THIS BEHIND THE CONSUMER.....???

LOOKS LIKE TO ME THAT THE FINISHED PRODUCT FROM HONDA WOULD HAVE ALL THE FEATURES AND CHARACTERISTICS LIKE THE CURRENT THREAD ADDRESSES...BEHIND THEM.....:confused::confused::confused:

BECAUSE IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THIS NEW SWAY BAR IS BENEFICIAL AND TAKES NOTHING AWAY FROM THE QUAD....???

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Cost > Benefit

61 - 80 of 84 Posts