Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was contemplating what to get my 9 year old to ride. He isn't big enough to control a 250 but to big for a 90. I ended up getting him a 125 Xtreme. Guy a few miles down the road bought it new 2 years ago and it is on the 3rd tank of gas. Handles a lot better than the 125M I had at his age. Here is a video of his first time riding it and a couple pics, I am limiting him to 2nd gear at the moment. Seems to have good suspension and it runs really good for a stock 125 4-stroke. It looks pretty sick for a stock mini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGACmEST_dQ

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Looks like you should be up for Father of the year, this Father's day!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Looks like he's already a pro, he knows how to transfer his weight during turns and straight aways

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
EEHonda,
It's almost time for mud.:lol: He is doing great.:tup: How do you get him off the machine to eat or go to sleep?:lol:
Best of luck.
Sid

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1st thank you for posting this and buying him a helmet.:tup:
But you do relize , He's gunna be whoppin ya ass in 3-4 years time. Like Nash said , he already knows what to do and does it well.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He learned on 3 wheels, where you either move your butt or get dumped. I have always made him wear a helmet, trying to make it a habit at a young age. He wants to ride it constantly, the hard part is trying to keep the other kids in the house. The air filter system is not very good and it seems a little lean to me. Going to jet up and get a K&N with an outerwear or a UNI to clamp direct to the carb. Haven't looked at what options are out there yet.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Ya the old 3 wheeler trick .Turn put ya foot out and run over it. I learnt on a 83 TRX250r and put it threw a barb wire fence.
Youre doing a good job.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.