Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I went to Prairie City SVRA just to do some testing and tweeking on my Elka shocks. What I didn't know was that there were 2 major events scheduled for Sunday. Neither event interfered with open riding areas, so was able to do what I went for. Thing is, both event areas are right next to the open riding areas with only a small fence... You can ride right up to the fence and watch both events... without paying admission to the event itself. How cool is that?
One event was a major MX at "Hangtown" which has national AMA MX events there. Took my pics near an uphill double.
The other event was a VORRA off road race. Had I known ahead of time, I could've run my 700xx. But took some pics of some trucks and buggies on the track.
Sorry for the poor quality of some of the pics. I forgot to set my shutter speed for action pics. My bad.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
VORRA truck and buggy pics.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow what fun those buggys are having!

so how was your ride?
Actually, these are 2 different tracks... and I've wanted to ride both for the longest time. I've been told that at certain times, quads can ride the MX track... at certain events. I've wanted to try that uphill double. But, if I'd known there was an event at the other track, I could've set up to ride there... didn't have my riding boots or my kill switch.

My ride was quite good... you can see the rolling hills in the background of some of the pics and that's why I went there. I could ride hard and most importantly FAST. I wanted to hit bumps and dips fast as possible to get my shocks dialed in a bit... full travel and no bottoming out. Did that and had fun.

roadkill

·
Registered
667 Posts
How did u like the elka's?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did u like the elka's?
Loving the snot outta them. Working on front to back weight balance with pre-load right now. Want to shift a little of the weight balance to the front... just a bit.

Two weeks ago I was on an asphalt road and was pegged in 5th and hitting massive potholes... both sides and one side. Elka's just went right on through and I barely felt them. My stock shocks would've thrown me all over because they're so stiff.

roadkill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts