Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any comments on spacer pros/cons? I'm about to buy some for my Yamaha Wolverine and was wondering what those with experience would say before I bought them. The Wolvy is narrow, which is great on trails, but I'm worried about my girl being on it because it is easy to tip. I was going to put 1" spacers on all four rims. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Tips before I screw myself over?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Not a bad idea for the situation.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
On something like that, I think it is a great idea. I wouldn't recommend them in competition or anything, but I put a set on a 400ex I had bought just for my ex, i think they were 3/4", and it helped her out a lot on some of the hills that we cut cross lots on. They worked fine. I also adjusted the front springs a little, and lowered it a little bit (not that it was top heavy) but just for lil added comfort.

·
Registered
452 Posts
well get some pics of before an after n let us know how it works out

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. so no negative feedback so far. I'm going to try it. Thanks. I'll take pics.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I think I would try them on the XX, but I think it may be too wide for some trails I hare scramble on. It already sits wider w/ the Rzr2s in the back.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I caught this one a bit late, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents. My bro has the 450 Wolverine and put on 1.5" on each side. It really helps a ton on that quad. It is way too narrow stock if you ask me. I don't think you'll regret the extra width at all. We have a big steep creek behind my parent's house that we ride and the Wolvy always felt very tipsy riding on much of an angle at all. The extra 3" has really made the quad more stable.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i have 1.5 g-force spacers in the front and i like them a lot when my houser arms come in im gonna put them in the back.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I caught this one a bit late, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents. My bro has the 450 Wolverine and put on 1.5" on each side. It really helps a ton on that quad. It is way too narrow stock if you ask me. I don't think you'll regret the extra width at all. We have a big steep creek behind my parent's house that we ride and the Wolvy always felt very tipsy riding on much of an angle at all. The extra 3" has really made the quad more stable.
That's great to hear. Thank you very much for the feedback. I don't need spacers on my 700XX, but hers feels, like you say, tipsy in my opinion. Did your brother add them on all four wheels or just the fronts?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah he went all the way around. 1.5" each so a total width of 3" wider. He's sitting right next to me right now. Says it "makes a huge difference". I've also rode it before and after and it definitely does make a huge difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts