Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone recently purchased full barker exhaust. I thought it was coming with a spark arrestor, but did not. My one friend is telling me that i def. need one and the other is saying i dont. Just wondering are they needed or not? Thanks again

·
Registered
108 Posts
most places require the use of a spark arrester if you ride wooded and desert areas its a must due to all the sage and dry brush, look at what happened in the Calif area, its a must.. big ticket if your pulled over by a ranger...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You could also rig up a thin metal screen under the cap. That's what most of them basically are

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, big trouble for a little screen, get one or as mentioned make one, better safe than sorry, some states may even impound you for not running one...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Or even worse than a fine. You could potentially start a fire like the 15,000 acre forest fire we have in northern Az right now.

Personally I would put a spark arrester in it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Or even worse than a fine. You could potentially start a fire like the 15,000 acre forest fire we have in northern Az right now.

Personally I would put a spark arrester in it.

Yup...you know what smokey sez...

"ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES" :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the answers i figured i needed one but i figured id also ask just to make shure. There not the pricey either, its just another thing i need again. Another question would the spark arrestor from the stock pipe fit the barker at all?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have seen flames pop out of an exhaust, but has anyone seen sparks? And by sparks I mean with enough intensity that they could land on the ground and start a fire? I for one have never seen this unless an engine came apart on a dyno.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have seen flames pop out of an exhaust, but has anyone seen sparks? And by sparks I mean with enough intensity that they could land on the ground and start a fire? I for one have never seen this unless an engine came apart on a dyno.

i have seen packing come out of 2-strokes at night, i have also seen sparks, but that usually means chunks of hot metal are coming out and, well in that case i wouldnt worry about sparks, i'd worry about saving up for an engine re-build...

i would say better safe than sorry, wouldnt you feel like a big jerk if you burned down half of your state ???

·
Registered
108 Posts
it's the law pretty much any where for any off road vic better safe than sorry..what state are you in....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
either way i am a big fan of mother nature, and the last thing i wanna do is have a accident like that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm in SC and if I'm riding on private land or a pay park there is no rule about spark arrestors. But if it's state owned then you'd better have it or get a $500 fine if caught.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.