Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious ...is everyone still using the factory spark plug in your xx? If you changed it out yet , what are you using now?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I haven't changed mine out yet, but in the manual it lists two different ones, a NGK and I cant remember the other one. I went to buy a few at the local NAPA, but they had to special order them. I've had the stock one in there since august 08.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the manual list these 2:

NGK ZFR7F-11 or Denso KJ22CR-L11

If it works thats all we need right? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Both NGK and Denso are quality plugs, You shouldn't need to find a replacement for them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
my factory plug fouled out after 2 or 3 rides. I was kinda concerned, but my dealer told me it was normal due to shipping materials. so, I replaced it with the NGK and put probably 50 hours on the bike and haven't had any more trouble yet. hopefully my dealer knew more than I thought. I thought he was a complete idiot. I've never heard of such a thing.

Oh, Yeah, I asked them about a different plug, such as split fire or some other higher quality plug. they said " nope, don't have it, can't get it, don't think they make it."

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the plug in my recon lasted 6 years so im not to worryed about my plug

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have replaced mine about 3-4 times for tuning it. I just get the ones honda has in stock.there not that bad priced I think like $ 5-6 each. not to bad considering some people change there oil after every ride.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would stay away from the Denso. Go NGK all the way. I had a denso plug in when it broke (didn't foul) at the Parker 250. The plug had a hairline crack at the base where the electrode sticks out from the plug.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Which plug is in there from stock? The Denso, NGK or some other one?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I think Honda uses NGK normally. I have yet to have mine out since I've owned it, but I am pretty sure on everything else I have ever had new, it has been NGK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts